Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

on 9 September 2010
Just released, is a staggering and beautifully illustrated new title on honey bees and their capability to radically improve the health of every individual. Written by Gloria Havenhand and Published by Kyle Cathie Ltd, Gloria takes us into the wonders of the hive,to the product we all know so well--or do we?

Here is an inexpensive book that will open your eyes to benefit your health in a natural way,rather than indulging in the pill popping life that we accept today. The remedies of honey will amaze you--they do me.I personally, insist on raw bacterial honey from Medibee. It can be used for wounds,burns,gastric ulcers,irritable bowel syndrome,thrush,constipation,eye infections,hay fever,coughs,colds and sore throats.These are among the very many conditions from which we can all benefit by taking quality honey and its related products.Did you know that your heart rate will reduce as well as your blood pressure?Your rheumatism will ease and as we age,our memory loss and energies are revitalised. These are but a few of the listed items of health benefits from honey written by a professional who knows her subject.Above all honey is a delight to take and inexpensive relative to the long term health advantages it provides.

I commend this book to anyone who takes their health seriously. A fine read

Gerald S Binks
Virginia Water,
Surrey, England.
September 2010
on 2 September 2010
This is the most informative book on bees, to my mind, ever written. The lady certainly knows her stuff.
The photographs in book are colourful and amazing.
I was also surprised to read that much of the honey on supermarket shelves contains very little goodness. I was taught as a child to the believe that honey was the ultimate healer.

I am producer of 'Wild Rose Russian Ice Stars' a famous ice show that has toured the world and I have strongly suggested my company of skaters take this golden, energy giving healer
Well done Gloria Havenhand for writing such an informative book.
I salute you
Astra
on 9 September 2010
This exquisitely presented book is educational, informative and inspirational. As other reviewers have said, what comes through here is Gloria Havenhand's awe-inspiring knowledge of bees, their lives and products, she clearly lives their lives with them and loves them utterly. I too grew up with the idea that honey was not only good for you but also had all sorts of healing properties, but until I read this book I realise I knew nothing at all! this book has inspired me not only to start to take bee products - and by that I mean the real raw thing - very much into my life but also to recommend them to others. I shall also be giving this book for Christmas to everyone I know. Thank you, Gloria Havenhand, for opening our eyes to this amazing phenomenon. Please write more!
I defy anyone but the most ardent honey-disliker to get more than halfway through this book without having an unstoppable urge to eat something with some honey on it!

The photos in this book are just beautiful, as is the cover image. There are lots of close-up photos of bees and all things bee and lots of images of honey and honey containing foods. This is a mouth-watering book.

Even the images which illustrate honey being poured on a gauze pad for the purpose of being put on a wound to make it heal faster, looked delicious to me, which felt a bit wrong!

This book also provides a good overview of honey and bee facts and includes some recipes too. It describes how honey is made, describes the social structure of bees, beehive architecture, the different types of honey, how to use honey in cooking, the benefits of raw honey and the enormous importance of bees to agriculture and to our lives.

The book also talks about the health promoting properties of honey, and has a small amount of information on propolis, pollen, royal jelly and beeswax too.

A high carbohydrate diet isn't healthy, but all sugars are not equal. If you're going to add a sweeetener to hot drinks or other foods it makes sense to use a bit of honey rather than brown or white sugar or similar, as you get some extra 'functional food' benefits with honey due to its antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, probiotic, immune system boosting and other properties that aren't in refined sugar. So it can be worthwhile to cut down on some of the other carbohydrate sources in your diet to make room for some honey.

Raw honey can also be used topically on bedsores, burns and other wounds. This book explains how to go about it.

The book also contains tips such as: raw honey should be added to hot drinks at the last minute so that the heat doesn't affect the honey too much, buy darker honey if possible as it has a higher mineral content and is also more strongly antiviral etc., and be careful with honey and make sure you get all the honey from the bottom of each jar as each bee only makes 1/10 th of a teaspoon of honey in its entire life!

This book recommends at least 2 - 3 teaspoons of raw honey daily, and more if you are using it to treat certain health issues. (I probably have about half that though, most days.)

This book is a tribute to bees and how important they are to us, and the author is clearly very passionate about the subject. The photos included in the book really make it something special too.

Jodi Bassett, The Hummingbirds' Foundation for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
on 4 September 2010
An absolutely superb book, beautifully written and photographed which lets us into the world of honey bees and their remarkable health giving products. If you want to know all about the benefits of natural honey, propolis, royal jelly etc, this is the book to buy; it certainly is a real eye-opener and will change the way you buy and use honey in the future! Gloria Havenhand really knows her stuff!
on 8 September 2010
This is a beautifully illustrated book full of wonderful information about honey which I had never thought of before. The photographs are worthy of an exhibition and the chapters are fascinating and easily understood. Gloria Havenhand is one of life's natural communicators and I look forward to her next book. Nature's Golden Healer is top of my list for Xmas gifts - annual problem solved!
on 16 November 2011
I never knew there was so much to learn about bees and honey (let alone all the other bee products) until reading this wonderful book. I now know what to look for when buying honey and how to avoid inferior and overly processed honies ('honey laundering') which have had most of the beneficial goodness stripped out, to look instead for raw, unprocessed organic honey with the magical 'scum' on top containing pollen and trace bits of beeswax and propolis. I also know now to scrutinise the labels for details of the origins of the honey and have had the confidence to use my new-found knowledge to challenge the owner of my local health food store to find out more for me about the process that a local supplier uses on his honey. A lovely engaging book packed full of Gloria's extensive expertise and insights into bees, their habits, how and why they choose the flowers they do, how that affects the taste and health benefits...I could 'wax' lyrical for a long time about it. A must for anyone who wants to know more about this amazing superfood and, more importantly as an endangered species, the British honeybee.
on 12 February 2013
Amazing book, everything you ever wanted to know about Honey is in this book,
I have been a Honey fan for years now, set honey, clear honey & the small strength Manuka,
A good section of the book tells you all about the Bees & Hives at the very beginning of the process,
The majestic queen bee etc, before moving on to the various varieties, it also explains the excellent
anti- bacterial properties for medicinal use both internal & external for treating wounds etc.
All in all an excellent purchase, buy the book & treat yourself to some good honey to ward off colds, flu,
aches & pains, & live long.
on 28 February 2012
This was a gift. Have met the author - a 'character' in the best sense of the word and truly a bee expert.
on 2 December 2010
I saw this book in the National Trust, but it was so much cheaper on Amazon. It's a delightful read and I read it cover to cover. Full of healthy advice and things I didn't know about the health benefits of honey and related products. Highly recommended.