Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on 26 December 2013
A good recipe book, but did not meet my hopes and expectations. The recipes mainly contained a fairly long list of ingredients with appropriate preparation time. To be honest, this does not fit in with my lifestyle and i required more simple recipes which would not take much preparation.

A friend recommended another book more suitable to my needs and the above will either sit on a shelf or be passed on to a friend who prefers to take more time in the kitchen! Also most of the recipes cater for 4 people, so for myself or two of us I have to try to make suitable calculations. Please note, authors of this type of book, that you are not always catering for families of four!
on 25 November 2013
I have deducted two stars for this because of two main areas. In the introduction there is a table giving content of Omega-3 'per portion' but it does not say how much a 'portion' is! Just how much is a 'portion' of flaxseed oil and all of those other oils and nuts, meat and fish to get the level of Omega-3 the table gives? There are also other areas in the introduction where 'per portion' is used without giving any weights or measures.

The second star goes because many of the recipes have expensive ingredients.
on 10 March 2010
The book is very well presented but a little over-complicated for general use. The recipes are imaginative but I'm looking for a straightforward list and simple recipes using foods that help lower cholesterol.
on 10 January 2011
I found the forward pages very imformative but was less impressed with the rest i expected more easier every day meals but i am not very adventurus with food so only a few meals iimpressed me.
on 28 February 2014
I hoped the recipes who have been a bit more exciting. Having said that I will use it and hopefully help lower my cholesterol.
on 3 November 2014
It gives practical health advice info and good recipes to those who have cholesterol problems (like me). I would recommend.
on 30 January 2013
Not enough tempting recipes to use, haven't felt encouraged to use any yet. Too many fish recipes for my liking
on 20 February 2013
Some recipes ok but the muffins are far too sweet & the batter wax very thin so had to add extra flour.
on 21 July 2015
Was a bit disappointed,few recipes I fancied.Maybe I am just picky.