5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL BOOK - VERY INSPIRING (IF YOU LOVE PLANTS PLEASE BUY THIS BOOK!), 6 Oct 2008
Emma Healey "plantaholic" (Christchurch, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gardeners' Question Time - Plant Chooser (Gardeners Question Time) (Paperback)
As a British Expat living in New Zealand I picked up this book at the library with not great expectations. Well what an amazing suprise, it dealt with a great variety of plants from perennials, shrubs, trees, fruit etc. etc. Bob Flowerdew recommends 'vines' a wee bit too much but I can forgive him. I spent many an evening devouring this lovely book with fantastic descriptions of just why a specific plant is so great, for most of their descriptions where I shared a plant they had chosen the writers were spot on. I now have a long list of new plants that I will try and source here in Christchurch, NZ. Thank you, thank you, thank you I will now go and buy a copy for not only me but my mother and mother-in-law. THIS IS A SPECIAL BOOK CANNOT RECOMMEND IT MORE HIGHLY. P.S. My Chatham Island Forget-me-knot is huge after the first season - Matt will be annoyed!

5.0 out of 5 stars A plant for every occasion, 18 Sep 2008
I'm completely enchanted by this book - I've never seen so many beautiful pictures in one volume, nor read such lively accounts of really useful plants. It's got all the fun of the Gardeners' Question Time radio programme about it - the authors tell you WHY they love the plant, not just what bit of the garden it's right for. Matthew Biggs's description of blueberries ('Stand aside, strawberries, your reign is over; all hail, blueberries, king of summer fruit!') made me laugh out loud, which is not something that often happens with a gardening book. And thanks to John Cushnie I know exactly which jasmine I am going to plant against my garden wall next spring. I defy anyone with a gap or a problem area in their garden not to find the right plant from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gardening Book, 11 July 2013
I searched London bookshops for this title for my daughter who had requested it for her birthday, having borrowed it from the library on numerous occasions. It appears the book is currently unavailable so in desperation I turned to Amazon who had 2 new copies. The book arrived within a few days, expertly packaged and in new condition. My daughter was delighted and highly recommends the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars gardeners' dream of a book, 23 Nov 2011
If you buy one gardening book - make it this one. A beautifully illustrated, authoritative guide to best plants to buy for your garden, written by people who know their business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, beautiful pics, 30 Dec 2013
No idea why it is so cheap as full of wonderful photos and info on all sorts of great plants. Lovely book

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, 7 Mar 2012
I am very satisfied as always with the purchase. I can rely on the orders arriving on time and always as described.

Gardeners' Question Time - Plant Chooser (Gardeners Question Time)
Used & New from: £0.01