5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, tasty food that's easy to prepare.
This book is even better than the first Wagamama book, as it provides a far greater variety of things to try.

There are plenty of exciting recipies, ranging from easy five minute fare to more elaborate meals. Even the more complicated dishes are easy make however, and the results are always tasty and nutritious.

Whether avid carnivore or veggie,...
Published on 14 May 2006 by N. Wood

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the quality
The book was not in very good condition. Very spoilt front cover and quite a few of the pages inside the print had gone onto the opposite page.
Published 7 months ago by Nadine

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, tasty food that's easy to prepare., 14 May 2006
N. Wood "Impatient" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wagamama: Ways With Noodles (Paperback)

Whether avid carnivore or veggie, adept stir-fryer or yet to be chopsticked, you will be sure to find something of interest within the pages of this book. There are flavours to suite every palette, and plenty that will take your taste buds in new directions.

Some of the dishes do require a few special ingredients; though none that can't be found with out a little effort, and such experimentation only makes for intriguing culinary adventures.

If you are in need of a solid, speedy cook book that does for both the everyday and added indulgance, look no further. This is an excellent contemporary cookbook, and a great base from which to start composing your own noodle cuisine.

Noodle fans, get this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the Wagamama Cookbook, 11 Aug 2011
Ms. C. G. Lisle "C Lisle" (Guildford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wagamama: Ways With Noodles (Paperback)
Having finally gotten around to buying most of the ingredients I needed to cook several dishes from the Wagamama cookbook, I was hooked on noodles and decided Wagamama's book Ways with Noodles would be well worth a look.
Having looked through this several times since it arrived on Tuesday, I already can't wait to get started! There are a wide range of recipes, from noodle soups to vege dishes.
There is a little repetition with the Wagamama book, in that the front of the book contains a glossary of the japanese recipe ingredients, plus a breakdown of the basic sauces that are used in some of the recipes. There are some new ones there (Red and Green Curry pastes which are deceptively simple!) and some old ones (Kare Lomen paste, Chilli sauce) however there is only one final dish that is repeated in the book, Wagamamas signature dish of Wagamama Ramen. And that is where the repetition ends!
Having spent some time flicking through and comparing the recipes, I feel that this book is a lot simpler than the Wagamamas Cookbook. The glossary of ingredients are shorter, there are fewer sauces to make for each recipe and the sauces and pastes you do make are simpler - for example, instead of making up a miso paste (in Wagamama cookbook using multiple varieties of miso and some other ingredients) in Ways with Noodles you just use bought miso paste. The recipes are short and well explained, being very easy to work with. Although there is often a lot of preparation needed in assembling the ingredients, the actual cooking time is very short! Jamie's 30 minute meals move over - there is a new fast healthy food book here.
I would recommend this book to anyone who is new to japanese style cuisine and if you are a Wagamama fan, but not a super chef, I would recommend this to you too! My biggest criticism of the Wagamama Cookbook is that the recipes are quite long winded (prepping the sauces and pastes can take forever) and the ingredients lists are extensive - and why not, that's why all us Wagamama fans still go there despite having the cookbook. Ways with Noodles is a wonderfully easy guide to cooking simple, healthy meals with masses of flavor.
A few other recommendations to those who will buy it... spend some time sourcing your japanese ingredients, it's a bit of a new world! Make the time to make up the stocks recommended in the book, even if it is the super fast version of the stock - it is well worth it. I found it easy to get that on the go whilst I made up the rest of the recipe and strain it directly into the dish. Don't worry if your recipes do not look quite as perfect as the ones in the book (my stock is always a little cloudy) the taste is just as good!
Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Wagamama - love eating it at home, 26 July 2010
This review is from: Wagamama: Ways With Noodles (Paperback)
I don't like ready meals but am often short of time. We also wanted to move away from eating a lot of dairy and were looking for ideas for meals we both like. We love eating at Wagamama, so I got this book to make quick and tasty nutritious meals. There is a variety of recipes from quick ones to ideas for entertaining. Mostly noodles and noodle soups, but there are some recipes for other dishes, like spring rolls and gyoza. I use it about twice a week now and have started to make up my own ideas. Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oodles of Noodles for Everyone!, 17 May 2006
This review is from: Wagamama: Ways With Noodles (Paperback)
Wow! What an amazing book! I had my first Wagamana experience on Saturday when I was in Birmigham as we don't have any in Cornwall. The restaurant has been on my "places I must eat in" list and after such wonderful food and service, I just had to buy the cookbook!

Well, it arrived yesterday and I made the Spicy Beef Noodles for Dinner and then made a noodle salad for my packed lunch for work! Roll on lunch time!

It is an amazing book with lots of information and pictures. The recipes are easy to follow and the food that you create is authentic! Some ingredients you do have to look for, but it is worth it! Especaially if you are a foodie and appreciate cooking!

This book would be good for newbies to noodles (like me)!

Buy it, learn to slurp and enjoy oodles of noodles!

:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing!, 5 April 2010
K. Jackson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wagamama: Ways With Noodles (Paperback)
I love this recipe book, I borrowed it off a friend a few months ago but have now bought my own. Admittedly I haven't made any of the more complicated recipes, I am a busy working Mum who often eats dinner late at night. The great thing about this book is that there is a whole section of quick, simple recipes that take around 15 minutes at the most and only need a handful of ingredients. Once you have bought the basics (rice vinegar, fish sauce, sauce sauce and noodles) you only ever need a couple of extra things (usually spring onions, the meat and coriander/basil/spinach). Instead of eating fresh pasta and frozen pizzas every night, I can make healthier and tastier noodle dishes instead. There is also a kid's section at the back and even my fussy toddler likes some of the recipes. I probably make about 3 dishes a week from this book so it has been well worth the money and I'm glad I discovered it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy food, explained well., 14 Jun 2013
DragonSandy (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wagamama: Ways With Noodles (Paperback)
This is a good book. I bought it as a present for my son.
It did take a bit of effort and cost me a little bit to buy some of the more 'exotic' ingredients (you don't see Mirrim or unpreserved black beans in the local Morrison's where I live) but some great food has been produced.
I like the fact that it does give alternatives gfor stuff that might be difficult to get hold of.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 11 July 2012
This review is from: Wagamama: Ways With Noodles (Paperback)
I want to learn how to cook in japanese style, and this help me bit ... the recipes are not the cheapest but is the good way how to start cooking in japanese style ... realy nice comercial book ...

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST NOODLE COOK BOOK EVER!!!!, 17 May 2012
Ms. Clare E. Magill (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wagamama: Ways With Noodles (Paperback)
If you like 'Wagamams' or indeed any 'Noodle' dish.....Once you have bought the basic ingredients this book suggests you will have the most 'Fab' noodle dishes ever that will impress friends & family. Not only is it simple to recreate these famous recipes but also very quick.

So glad I bought it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Oct 2010
This review is from: Wagamama: Ways With Noodles (Paperback)
This book is great. I love Wagamama's and when i bought this book i thought it was going to be difficult to make the dishes but it is surprisingly easy. I have to say some of the things required for the recipes can be hard to find but once you do find them it is easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a book of recipes that use noodles as an ingredient, 9 July 2010
Mr Paul Green (Chatham, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wagamama: Ways With Noodles (Paperback)
I was expecting this to be a book of recipes using noodles as an ingredient and I wasn't disappointed. The recipes use an excellent list system that lists the ingredients you need for each recipe and instructions on what to do with the ingredients. Sometimes there is a picture of what the finished dish looks like. Sometimes there isn't.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Wagamama: Ways With Noodles
Wagamama: Ways With Noodles by Hugo Arnold (Paperback - 18 May 2006)
14.99