Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 November 2007
This book is great i have just found out i am diabetic i did not know what to do i was so upset about it.I decided after a few weeks of crying and reading lots of books to just try and lose weight and eat healthy.I saw this book and liked what i saw and decided to try the recipes they are all very tasty i have tried nearly all of the recipes and i love them all i have loss weight using this book i recommmend it.I feel fantastic.5* to Antony.
0Comment|129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2008
Some superb recipes. I love the apricot & all bran cake, very popular with my friends, but I added ginger after the first try. The nice thing is that this is an English cookery book, so we can easily get the ingredients. Thanks Antony.
on 29 May 2010
A good selection of some tasty and nutritious recipes suitable for diabetics trying to lose weight. Some recipes require quite a bit of preparation, but on the whole fairly simple.
on 17 May 2009
My husband had just been diagnosed as having the dreaded diabetes. He was very upset as he loves his food, this book has helped me cook and have ideas how to adapt other recipes. Thanks
on 16 February 2009
As someone who enjoys cooking and likes to entertain at home, I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of this book. My husband was recently diagnosed with diabetes and I feared never being able to enjoy cooking nice dinners again! However, this book has changed my views. The recipes are interesting and easy to follow, although some do have rather long lists of ingredients. A great book for those who enjoy cooking but I wouldn't necessarily recommend the book to anyone who is looking for 'everyday family meals'.
on 21 May 2009
Excellent complete book on how to lose weight for diabetics by Anthony Worrall Thompson in association with Diabetes UK. This book not only provides delicious recipes and meal suggestions for diabetics, but also goes through the implications and complications of having diabetes, the science of losing weight and exercising to improve your diabetic control, and gives guidelines for weight loss.
on 27 March 2009
This is a good book with a lot of helpful information at the front. The recipes are interesting but I was hoping for more day-to-day recipes which wouldn't take so long to make and didn't contain so many ingredients.
on 25 March 2009
This book is helpful in providing solutions to working out how to lose weight when having diabetes. It provides plenty of choice and, mostly, the recipes are practicable and not too much work in an otherwise busy life. My only slightly negative point would be that one would have to have the whole of Tesco's in one's kitchen because of the wide range of ingredients involved if one were to follow the whole week's diet! However, picking and mixing from the suggested menu enables that potential issue to be overcome.
on 24 March 2016
I was looking for a book that would help me lose weight and help control my diabetes, and having seen AWT on the tv and noted he'd lost weight, I thought this book would be ideal. Sadly, it only has a few foods that I'd actually eat and most of it's foreign. Now don't get me wrong, I like foreign food, Chinese, Italian, Greek, Thai, but I don't want to live on it. I want traditional British food, although I've never been a fan of red meat and stopped eating it when I was an infant, I love fish, turkey and chicken and was hoping for more ways to eat what I love and maybe a few more ways with fruit, but that's not what I got. I decided that I'd be better off with Rosemary Conley instead.
on 23 October 2012
I received the book and has given quite a few good tips to deal with Diabetes food craves.
I have not had it enough time to have proper results but helps to change bad habits if you follow the recipes and re design your shopping list.
I think it has been a very good aquisition.