5.0 out of 5 stars High Standards as Always
Published on 12 Nov 2005 by F. Draper

3.0 out of 5 stars not entertaining
I was so disappointed to have a long wait and then an American edition arrived all full of pounds and cups. A good book but this disappointment has taken something away from it, I'll try to get over this because I really rate Darina; I'm sure the description didn't mention the Americanism otherwise I would have avoided it.
Published on 2 Sep 2010 by homecook

5.0 out of 5 stars High Standards as Always, 12 Nov 2005
F. Draper "paperbackmaniac" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Easy Entertaining (Paperback)
Darina Allen's books are always written to a very high standard, as someone who teaches cookery as she does, the books are always exact, well thought out and you know will always work. I have been lucky enough to visit her cookery school and her high standards there are reflected in the quality of her books. You know that all the recipes have been tested, tested again and will not let you down. Her new book is full of excellent ideas, modern twists and as the name implies not too complicated. None of us have the time to spend hours and hours in the kitchen (although someone of us enjoy doing just that) Thank you for another first class book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful booked packed with fantastic easy to follow recipes, 7 Oct 2008
Mrs. S. Johnson "Sarah Johnson" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Easy Entertaining (Paperback)
This is a great book. I do a lot of entertaining at home and this book is filled with inspirational beautiful photography and is an indespensible guide to entertaining for every occasion.It takes all the stress out of planning a meal or dinner party, as all the recipes I need are here, they are easy to follow and produce great results, it hasn't let me down yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and very useful, 4 Jan 2007
This review is from: Easy Entertaining (Paperback)
A great looking, great cooking book, covering a huge array of entertaining possibilities, not just formal dinner parties. She gets you enthused about having friends over to enjoy good food and have fun, rather than daunting you with long timetables of what to get ready when. There are some real gems of recipes here nad not too much cross over with her other books, espeically her silver bible, the BAllymaloe Cookery Course. There are loads of great ideas for decorating, even games to play. I LOVE the breakfast/brunch section, a much overlooked way of entertaining.

3.0 out of 5 stars not entertaining, 2 Sep 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 15 Jun 2009
Easy entertaining.
Brilliant book, I had it from the local library until they would not renew it again so I just had to buy it.

Easy Entertaining
Easy Entertaining by Darina Allen (Paperback - 3 Nov 2005)
Used & New from: 0.49