5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational
What a great book! Full of gorgeous pictures showing you how you can grow your own fruit and veg in a very small space. But not only that, the text is really informative, telling you how to make the most of the space you have as well as introducing composting and other gardening topics.

Most gardening books put me off before I've started warning me of every...
Published on 20 July 2006 by Lisa Kirsten Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the complete novice. . .
I don't know anything about gardening, and I hoped this book would get me started growing fruit and veg. What a disappointment. A quarter of the book is given to garden design, and I have no use for that whatsoever! I want to know how to grow good quality fruit and veg before the garden looks pretty.

For a practical guide to growing food buy "The vegetable and...
Published on 5 May 2007 by SJ Wailling

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb and informative book which helped me a great deal., 20 May 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Urban Eden: Grow Delicious Fruit, Vegetables and Herbs in a Really Small Place (Hardcover)
This is a splendid book which incorporates many wonderful, easy to follow bits of information and tips. It is all brilliantly put together with a superb collection of pictures and the kids shown in the garden just bring a whole pleasent feeling to the book. It demonstrates excellent gardening techniques and even some fun and tasty recipes. This is a great book that any Urban gardener needs to create there own 'Urban Eden'.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the complete novice. . ., 5 May 2007
SJ Wailling (Doncaster, England) - See all my reviews

For a practical guide to growing food buy "The vegetable and herb gardener" by Dr D. G. Hessayon. If you want a coffee table cover about growing food buy this one. Some useful information, but much better is available elsewhere.

Urban Eden: Grow Delicious Fruit, Vegetables and Herbs in a Really Small Place