5.0 out of 5 stars Complicated Read, But Worth It!, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Affect Regulation, Mentalization, and the Development of the Self (Paperback)
Despite two years in therapy using MBT, and being a Borderline for the past six years I still find this book a struggle to read, but if you persevere with it, you will find it is educational and informative. I personally bought it because I was planning a career in Mental Health Nurse, but by the time I reached the end of my MBT journey I realised I no longer wished to be a Mental Health Nurse, I had enough to deal with in terms of my own emotions!

Every professional who works with patients who have BPD, should make an effort to read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!!!!!!, 1 Nov 2013
I brought this for my MA studies and would definitely recommend for reference. It is written well and can't fault the subject matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent concepts but a 'hard' read, 22 April 2010
K. Carter "Book Worm" (London) - See all my reviews
It took a number of attempts to really digest this immensely interesting book. In fact at times it was hard work but it was only pure determination that kept me going! The book is explaining complicated processes and at times the writing complicates it somewhat further. I was relieved to discover that some of my contemporaries also had the same experience and it was not just me!

But overall a book that is well worth investing the time in. It is most definitely a move forward from earlier theories of 'development of a sense of self' and has been invaluable in my own research on this issue. It certainly opened my eyes. In particular I like the concept of the 'Alien Self'. But you will have to read it for yourselves to find out what I am referring to!

I would most definitely read it again.

Affect Regulation, Mentalization, and the Development of the Self