5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for Dad, 7 Feb 2009
J. Whitehead (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yorkshire Dialect Classics: An Anthology of the Best Yorkshire Poems, Stories and Sayings (Hardcover)
Fast,efficient delivery. Dad (88) thought 'it wo a reight gud reed'. He thoroughly enjoyed it and returns to it now and again ...gives him a smile and enables him to reminisce.

5.0 out of 5 stars " Rib ticklers ", 8 Oct 2009
Absolutely hilarious! I had a wonderful time getting my tongue around the dialect - not being from Yorkshire - and the tears simply rolled at my efforts. It is also great for learning about true Yorkshire people and made interesting reading amid gales of laughter. Thoroughly recommended for a " blue day ".

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 21 Jun 2011
I bought this book for my grandad for his birthday. I had originally seen it in a shop at full price and at the time had a little giggle reading snippets myself. Then when it came to my grandads birthday I immediately remebered this book and to my joy it was available on Amazon - and at a lower price than when I saw it in the shop!

I've only read a few little bits myself but everyone keeps telling me how good it is. It seems I may have bought it for my grandad but everyone is reading it and enjoying it - this includes, my mum, my nana & my younger brother (aged 18).

So it seams this book is a perfect little gift for anyone proud of their Yorkshire heritage (and I'm sure any true Yorkshire folk are!)