1,717 Reviews
 (1,454)

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't remember enjoying any book more
I laughed at my adult son when I found him reading Harry Potter. He said "don't knock it until you've tried it" and gave me the Philosopher's Stone for Christmas. I am now addicted and have bought and read them all.I am an avid reader of all types of literature but these are something else!
Published on 1 July 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars The films are better and too much description!!!
kinda boring. The book has too much information and spoils it. other than that, pretty good. I think the films are better definitely this one!!!
Published 6 months ago by Arly23

‹ Previous | 1162 163 164172 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Excelent Story but quite a wait for it to be sent., 4 Sep 2009
Mrs. Da Middleton (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I can not fault the goods but I wqas very disapointed that the item was not sent until 2 weeks after the order, with no explanation or warning. It arrived too late for us to take on holiday. I have never had such slow service from Amazon themselves. I would think twice before using this suplier again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 29 July 2004
Being the 1st in this great series of books it is a must read i wont give away any of the storyline for those who don't know but I reccomend you buy this then buy the rest as there no beating these books for quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Harry Potter, 6 Mar 2013
I love harry potter books and magical stuff so, I read it quickly. Now I'm reading it all over again... love it!The Book, The Wand, The Magic

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good!, 17 April 2012
Mr. M. K. Johnson (Norwich,England) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my half-sister in America-she is a Harry Potter fan, and it is now easy to see why!! I have never read the Books, but I will start getting the books from the local library and start-it looks like a good read!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too late ....., 11 April 2012
I first picked up a kindle 18 months ago. Loved it (and still do) to bits and immediately set about buying books to read or re-read. One of the first books I went looking for were the Harry Potter books - both my wife and I have the originals in paperback and/or hardback but I fancied having them on my kindle as well. They're fun books, and I had read them more than a couple of times all ready as light reading on holiday etc.. At that time all I found was that the were not available and that this was Ms Rowlings own choice - she said that the books were for children and that since the kindle was not a child's device she absolutely refused to issue them on kindle.

Go forward 18 months and the furore over Harry Potter has died down, the last movie has been made and the cash making machinery has dried up and lo and behold this is available on kindle. I was irritated by her original stance but respected her for it. I find this change disheartening. My advice - J K doesn't want you to read these books on your kindle - go and buy the hardbacks / paperbacks from the relevant page on Amazon and stay faithful to her original decision.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have preferred larger font and pictures for young kids, 30 Dec 2011
There is not much left to say about Harry Potter. Only regarding this book, my boy who is 7 years old would have preferred some pictures and large font to entice him to read more happily. I do not know whether there is another version of this book where there are more pictures and larger font. This edition (Harry Potter Signature Edition) does not have any pictures and font are bit small for 7 year old kid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 27 July 2011
[[ASIN:1408810549 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter Signature Edition)]
Nearly everyone has read this book and my daughter is looking forward to reading this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Original!, 22 May 2010
This beautiful edition arrived quickly all the way to the states. It's a gift for my nephew who has only read the American version. I'm sure it will be a big hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry potter and the Philosopher's Stone was WONDERFUL!!!!, 11 Dec 1998
By A Customer
If you like you like magic this is the book you want! Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone was Great!!!! If you like magic you would like this book very much. My brother has read it 5 times! Then my mum started reading it and couldn't put it down! So if your a magic lover this book is for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars brings you back to your childhood, 22 Feb 2001
By A Customer
its the sort of book that reignites and nourishes the child in you, with its plot of hope, humour and boldness. And yet, its a literary masterpiece also for the discerning adult reader. However, i enjoy it best when i immerse myself in the world of wizards, Hogwarts, muggles and dragons.

‹ Previous | 1162 163 164172 | Next ›

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (7 Audio CD Set)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (7 Audio CD Set) by J.K. Rowling (Audio CD - 21 Oct 2002)
Used & New from: £20.99