1,621 Reviews
 (1,372)

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't remember enjoying any book more
I laughed at my adult son when I found him reading Harry Potter. He said "don't knock it until you've tried it" and gave me the Philosopher's Stone for Christmas. I am now addicted and have bought and read them all.I am an avid reader of all types of literature but these are something else!
Published on 1 July 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars The films are better and too much description!!!
kinda boring. The book has too much information and spoils it. other than that, pretty good. I think the films are better definitely this one!!!
Published 2 months ago by Arly23

‹ Previous | 1151 152 153163 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good!, 17 April 2012
Mr. M. K. Johnson (Norwich,England) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my half-sister in America-she is a Harry Potter fan, and it is now easy to see why!! I have never read the Books, but I will start getting the books from the local library and start-it looks like a good read!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too late ....., 11 April 2012
I first picked up a kindle 18 months ago. Loved it (and still do) to bits and immediately set about buying books to read or re-read. One of the first books I went looking for were the Harry Potter books - both my wife and I have the originals in paperback and/or hardback but I fancied having them on my kindle as well. They're fun books, and I had read them more than a couple of times all ready as light reading on holiday etc.. At that time all I found was that the were not available and that this was Ms Rowlings own choice - she said that the books were for children and that since the kindle was not a child's device she absolutely refused to issue them on kindle.

Go forward 18 months and the furore over Harry Potter has died down, the last movie has been made and the cash making machinery has dried up and lo and behold this is available on kindle. I was irritated by her original stance but respected her for it. I find this change disheartening. My advice - J K doesn't want you to read these books on your kindle - go and buy the hardbacks / paperbacks from the relevant page on Amazon and stay faithful to her original decision.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have preferred larger font and pictures for young kids, 30 Dec 2011
There is not much left to say about Harry Potter. Only regarding this book, my boy who is 7 years old would have preferred some pictures and large font to entice him to read more happily. I do not know whether there is another version of this book where there are more pictures and larger font. This edition (Harry Potter Signature Edition) does not have any pictures and font are bit small for 7 year old kid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 27 July 2011
[[ASIN:1408810549 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter Signature Edition)]
Nearly everyone has read this book and my daughter is looking forward to reading this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Original!, 22 May 2010
This beautiful edition arrived quickly all the way to the states. It's a gift for my nephew who has only read the American version. I'm sure it will be a big hit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excelent Story but quite a wait for it to be sent., 4 Sep 2009
Mrs. Da Middleton (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I can not fault the goods but I wqas very disapointed that the item was not sent until 2 weeks after the order, with no explanation or warning. It arrived too late for us to take on holiday. I have never had such slow service from Amazon themselves. I would think twice before using this suplier again.

5.0 out of 5 stars First reading a time Harry Potter book..., 14 May 2009
Daryl M. Watson (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
..and I must say I enjoyed it thoroughly! Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone was and absolute joy to read, with my hours of reading fun coming to an end I set off to order the Chamber of Secrets. And as always, delivery is the best!

3.0 out of 5 stars JUST FOR THE TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE, 14 Aug 2008
Worth the extra star just for taking me back down memory lane and the books of yesteryear.

4.0 out of 5 stars A simple but special story, 12 Jun 2006
Simon Barton (Mappleborough Green, Engand) - See all my reviews
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone introduces the famous storyline in a very descriptive way. In this first book you meet the main important characters who appear in the row of other books. They are Harry, Ron, Hermione and all of the teachers who teach in the unusual school of which craft and wizardry.

My opinion on this book is very positive because of J.K. Rowling's brilliant imagination which has helped make the book world famous. It includes clever storylines, interesting characters, some humour and also some sad parts. It has an exciting ending where the three characters are involved with many challenges.

To conclude, this book is suitable for any age group due to the style of writing and the clever but simple storyline. I have rated it 4/5 because it includes a different style of book, unusual characters and an exciting storyline.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Magic Begins, 27 July 2005
D. Reynolds (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
J.K Rowling describes the story of a young boy finding out he is a wizard when he is just a small boy living with his muggle aunt, uncle and cousin.
Harry Potter defeated the darkest wizard of them all when he was just a baby, Lord Voldemort. Though Harry's parents, James and Lily, were killed by him. That is why he is with his aunt, uncle and cousin (The Dursleys) who are muggles. They are is only family left. Their names are Vernon, Petunia and Dudley who is Harry's age. One day a letter turns up at their house from what Harry doesn't know is Hogwarts, the greatest should of witchcraft and wizardry. Harry is invited to Hogwarts yet he doesn't know he is a wizard. The giant Hagrid turns up and takes him from the Dursleys.
He goes to Hogwarts and meets Ron and Hermionie who become his best friends. Harry is very suspicious of potions master, Professor Snape. An adventure begins at Hogwarts when Harry suspects Snape is trying to steal the Philosophers Stone.
A great start to the best fantasy book ever created. If you havent got it, then you should get it. I only started reading Harry Potter in 2001 and i now have all the books. Just now waiting for the 7th

‹ Previous | 1151 152 153163 | Next ›

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (7 Audio CD Set)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (7 Audio CD Set) by J.K. Rowling (Audio CD - 21 Oct 2002)
Used & New from: 44.52