on 24 October 1999
Very good book . I think the book is so good it makes me know what the people are like. I would recommend this book to people who like adventure books because Mildred always is going on adventures or getting in trouble. The things that go on in the school are always weird.
on 7 April 2016
A Bad Spell For the Worst Witch (Book 3) is probably the second strongest book in the series (the strongest in my opinion being The Worst Witch to the Rescue/Book 6).

Jill Murphy's strength as a children's author is keeping the story innocent enough for kids yet slipping in a little joke for the adults. As an adult it doesn't get boring to read it and fair enough I was reading this on a nostalgia trip (yes I am a childless millennial!) but there are aspects that I remember from my childhood; the drawings for example. There's a fantastic drawing by Jill Murphy (who illustrates the books, if you didn't know!) of Tabby, Mildred's cat.

So the book - what I love about this book is how diverse the story is. It isn't just a linear A to B story. It goes from A to B and then backtracks to Z after Mildred and Ethel have a fall out and are both banned from going to the Halloween display (because of their actions in the very first book, The Worst Witch). The writing is personal, relatable and comical - Miss Hardbroom being attacked by a flying bucket is hysterical!

Jill Murphy really manages to write fantastic children's stories, that are also accessible for adults, without them being patronising. Love it!
on 11 November 2000
this is a exellent book and I would recomend to any one. it is VERY FUNNY AND exiting and the charcters where well esplaind you can work out how the charcters feel and look like in your brain in every story there is all ways a goody or a baddy and this story has shown thaht . mildred is the girl how all ways gets things wrong and gets blamend for every thing by her teacher and headmaster mrs crakle but at the end she saved the day.
on 31 March 2013
First my daughter, now my granddaughter! Both active little girls, they really enjoyed reading about a little girl who means well but lands in trouble yet ends up saving the day!
on 9 May 2013
My 7 year old absolutely loves this story, she listens to the audio cd night after night without getting board of it. My daughter loves the suspense of the mischieff and the scarey teacher catching them out.

I read these books as a 9 year old and loved them and am so happy my daughter is enjoying these stories too.
on 15 October 2012
Great, fun book that children find exciting. Easy to read but introduces some new language. Good buy for birthdays or gifts.
Arrived on time and in good packaging for the items size, protecting it from any damage.
Thanks. :)
on 18 November 2011
This is a brilliant book that i loved as a child and now my daughter can also enjoy , and more importantly read to herself !
on 4 January 2013
My daughter absolutely loves this series of books, we even now have a kitten called Mildred Hubble. Fab for any little girl.
on 10 October 2012
great for relieving the kids boredom on car journeys, a must for children who enjoy the worst witch books (and Adults too)
on 3 November 2013
A lovely gift for my daughter. She already had a different story and enjoyed it that much we decided to purchase another one. The story is a little long compared to another story we have. I felt that it was something that you had to return to periodically. Other than that, it was a lovely gift. Its price was very reasonable considering that it is free delivery as well. No problems with the postage and packaging at all.