Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Learn More Shop now Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 16 June 2013
I am a great fan of Osprey publications and this one is no exception. It covered an area of aviation history that I was not familiar with. The mix of personal experiences, colour plates and period photos made this a great ref book for anyone interested in WW2 history or just the curious like myself, highly recommended.
on 22 April 2012
I bought this book to help me trace the final location and moments of my namesake. This book not only helped me to take me a big step nearer to my personal goal but also taught me a great deal about the men and the aircraft, recomended reading.
on 16 May 2004
Another fine work by Osprey but as ususally 96 pages aren't enough to explain all, and some info is dated by more recent discoveries.
Also osprey fails to put authors not fully dedicate to the subject in writing such books, althought they do a very good job, the series could gain more if written by a somewhat more expert in the subject and by some more 200 pages, a nice book if you buy the entire collection, as they complement each others.
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 September 2003
An excellent article of Allied pilots who flew the various variants of the Typhoon/Tempests fighter bombers. This book is dedicated to pilots who were able to attain status of Ace while flying Typhoons and Tempests.
on 29 September 2014
Great account of the two 'British Beasts' and their fab pilots who generally had the better of German planes during the mid and later war years.
on 28 July 2015
If your an aviation enthusiast and enjoy reading about the Typhoon and Tempest then you'll enjoy this book. A good read.
on 30 December 2014
Any book on the 2nd TAF is of great interest - The author has written some very good research material in the past.
on 19 April 2016
very interesting with some excellent photographs
on 12 February 2016
Highly impressed. Goes into much detail
on 11 March 2016
Great book on 2 top aircraft.