on 25 April 2010
This book is great for the complete beginner. A very nice introduction to the most wonderful and charming farming vehicle also made for desert driving!

Even though I live in the cold north, this book is full of practical tips that suits me. For instance: how to drive when you're off road, what's wrong, doctor? (The doctor is in this case the book.)

I notice that quite a lot of my fellow Land Rover-owners and Land Rover-admirers now think that I know a lot about what may have caused things, and how to fix it.

As a woman I appreciate being taken seriously, especially if I have to give in, and send my dear Defender off to professionals. (Once I had to show the service man where the battery is located in a Defender ...)
on 1 July 2012
A very useful book, and not just for Land Rover owners: Chapters 4 and 5 (respectively, on fuels and workshops) were a real eye opener, and by themselves well worth buying the book.
on 25 November 2015
A very informative book, reporting on what to do when you get stuck in a region without immediate available support.