Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 August 2015
This is amazing! So it works by identifying the first vowel sound - (long or short etc) with picture help if needed. Then, using the chart, identify the page the word will be on from the first letter - turn to page and there the word is - extra help is available to find it based on the number of syllables. I bought this for our daughter (10) who struggles with spelling (mildly dyslexic) and she finds it really helpful - but I could happily use this myself.
on 20 June 2015
An amazingly clever, yet simple to use book. It "thinks" the same way as my daughter when it comes to spelling!
on 1 March 2016
Bought for my son as thought it may help him finding words to assist spelling. However,m as it relies on phonetics and knowing the initial sound for words has not been that much of a help as the sounds are something he struggles with due to his hearing loss. Without the hearing issues though I think it could have been very helpful and can see that it may help many other people with their spelling and word understanding.
on 12 August 2014
Fantastic book, I wish I had one when I was younger.
It's given our children so much more confidence.
You need to take a bit of time to learn how to use this book and sometimes finding the word can be a little tricky but I assume it gets easier the more it's used.
I made a copy of the key so the children didn't have to keep changing pages.
Would defiantly recommend this book.
on 7 September 2015
I have orders several copies of these. Great dictionaries for students with literacy problems.
on 10 May 2013
This is an excellent dictionary, specially for dyslexic people who can use the phonetic sound of the word to find it.

Usual dictionaries need you to have a rough idea of how to spell the word BEFORE you can find it. This one does not.

I recommend it very highly and have bought two of them for friends who find spelling a real challenge.
on 7 April 2013
This was bought on the recommendation of my daughter's school. The system works on number of syllables and main vowel sound in a word to locate it in a series of tables. My daughter is in year 5 and can use it quicker than a conventional dictionary. There are some issues with local dialect when counting syllables, but on the whole appears to work well.
on 21 June 2016
A really helpful book. I work in Learning Support in both Further and Higher Education and have been using it directly with dyslexic students, as well as recommending it to them to get for themselves.

The quality of the actually book was above and beyond how it was listed and it was delivered very quickly - excellent seller!
on 6 March 2015
My son is dyslexic and struggles with spellings. He has learnt to read using phonics so this dictionary automatically made sense to him. He had made huge improvements in his written work since having this dictionary and school has bought them for every classroom! My daughter's who are not dyslexic also love this dictionary.
on 21 March 2015
Dyslexia, Irlens or just find it difficult to spell then try this. FANTASTIC. Both my children has Dyslexia and this has made such a huge difference to them. Not really for Primary school children although possibly year 6 children would be okay. Must have a good grasp of phonics ( sounds) to use it. Love it so much.