5.0 out of 5 stars Handwriting practice that children enjoy
This programme comes with two books and a teacher's manual. I have started my 5-year-old and 3-year-old off with the first one, and my 7-year-old with the second. They all enjoy doing it because instead of endless formation of letters, this handwriting programme focusses on pen control through various drawing lessons.

The first book starts off simply with...
Published on 7 April 2010 by Dr. K. E. Patrick

3.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete Order
Strange - only received Book 2 so difficult to review. At the moment I would say that it is expensive for only part of a volume of 3.
Published 7 months ago by Clare Hancock

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Handwriting practice that children enjoy, 7 April 2010
Dr. K. E. Patrick (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Write from the start: Unique Programme to Develop the Fine Motor and Perceptual Skills Necessary for Effective Handwriting (3 volumes) (Paperback)

The first book starts off simply with following dotted lines around circles, triangles, and squares, of different sizes, sometimes on the inside of them, sometimes on the outside of them.

The second book starts off with tiny little circles which the child puts dots inside, and then moves up to joining them, first only three or four, and then whole pages of dots.

There are some exercises within the workbooks that deal with letter formation, but most of it is a spatial, geometric way of controlling the pen.

I highly recommend it as a handwriting programme, because the children like doing it -- which is more than I can say about other programmes I've tried.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and fun, 26 Aug 2005
Mrs C Hislop (Hants, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was recommended to use this programme by a paediatrician, as my son (7 years old) has very untidy writing. I have been using it for my 5 year old too. Both of them have enjoyed completing the activities. The programme consists of repeating series of patterns, which the children found fun. I hope it helps with their handwriting when they go back to school after the holidays!

5.0 out of 5 stars The stuff of mircles, 24 Aug 2007
Mrs. Frances M. G. Boardman (england) - See all my reviews
I have been using the exercises in this book for 6 weeks. The improvement in my son's writing has been really amazing. The best part is that my son has actually enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Pack, 1 April 2006
By A Customer
This pack comes with 2 children's books and a teacher/ parent handbook. I bought it for a boy in my class with an autistic spectrum disorder, who finds it very difficult to hold his pencil and maintain grip whilst writing. After 4 weeks I am already beginning to see an improvement thanks to the activities. A brilliant pack and worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 28 Mar 2008
J. Wren (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
A great resource, especially for boys who may be wary of handwriting exercises as too 'girly'. The exercises are completed with enthusiasm by all. Not only have we seen an improvement in handwriting, but also in drawing, painting and most importantly self-confidence. Great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but no miracles!, 30 Dec 2010
Bought this for my 6 and 9 year old sons with Dyspraxia, who both struggle with writing. I planned to use it over the summer hols. Borrowed school photocopier so they could work on their own copies and offered them bribes (computer/tv time), for every 15 - 30 minute session they completed. They practiced almost every day over the 6 weeks holidays, my nine year old getting as far as book 8. There was some minor grumbling but they didn't mind doing the excercises too much. By the end of the hols there was some minor improvement in the cursive quality of my nine year old's writing, but I am not sure it it has made more than just a little difference to my six years olds writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teodorescu Handwriting, 29 Sep 2011
I bought this programme for my 8 year old Son who has DCD as it was being used by his Private OT. It is a wonderful programme which helped him tremendously. I love reading about the psychological development and understanding why he has the problems. By understanding my son I feel I can help him more. The school have agreed to do the photocopying which is great. Don't hesitate to buy this excellent resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Very gentle and enjoyable for a child who has problems in this area., 19 April 2010
I read the teacher's/parents book that goes with this package (there are two large books and the guidance notes so it is extremely good value for money) and was amazed to see that Todoresco was from Romania. He developed this program whilst in charge of an orphanage with children who were severely impaired, and/or deprived in conjunction with a British OT who was out there volunteering. Eventually he was so motivated to make a difference for those children that he became Director and it is only now his work is being recognised in his own country (well researched here).

The book consists of carefully graded exercises. But they are gentle, clear and cute. I thought I had done a pretty good job of teaching my son to write. This book opened my eyes to the fact that I had taught him those specific writing skills but his visual perception and co-ordination were not secure. My son has taken to this like a duck to water, the exercises are very relaxed but it soon becomes apparent where the problems are - even the placement of the pen and judgement of distance need work and without remediation wouldn't have happened.

Worth the money. I see improvements in my Son's attention as a result.

Happy handwriting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Write from the start: unique programme to develop the fine motor and perceptual skills necessary for effective writing., 27 May 2013
I have started using book 1 of this programme and have seen tremendous improvement in the fine motor coordination of a child with dyspraxia. After 6 weeks of using the programme 2-3 times a week, he is able to write part of his name on the line and colour without going outside the outline of a drawing.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference, 17 Jan 2013
My 5 year old started with Book 1 at Christmas and what a difference I have noticed already! She has better pencil grip and control and remembers to use her other hand to hold the paper down. She's eager to get to Book 2 as the activities are fun and don't feel like homework at all.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›