on 20 February 2001
I use my mobile phone mainly for sending text messages, and this is a great way to find out how to say so much in the limited space available in mobile phone text messages...
i ch@ 2 evry1 in code now - lol it's a gr8 book.. buy it 2day! <grin>
on 18 July 2001
this book is very helpful it gives you good ways to text quick. you can say what you want to in a shorter & easier way
on 28 January 2001
I recently bought this book, so that I could send shorter sms messages, but still give the full story. It's perfect for this. In fact, I've just bought my brother and my friends copies, so we can send short messages with long meanings. Give it a try yourself.
on 20 January 2001
RUOK? Gr8! "Over 1000 abbreviations, emoticons and their meanings". However, in this small book (about 4 inches squared) there are only 13 pages of verbal translations as opposed to 70 pages of emoticons :-<

So hopefully this will be a useful guide to the world of compressive speech, but focusing on the pictorial makes the book as a whole more entertainment than informative. For example, this emoticon:

i-=<******* o-(==<

apparently means "Has flame thrower and uses it". So maybe more of a humour book than a computer book, but for 99p plus postage, hopefully should be worth it.

EOL
on 21 April 2001
I brought the book and used the guides, but all I seemed to get text messages back saying "what does that meen?" and "what?!" As I use my phone mostly for texting, I thought this would be good. If you friends are whiz kids on texting and know what everything under the sun is, go for it!
on 16 December 2001
In my opinion, this book is a complete waste of time. It's more of a gimmick than anything else. Unless the recipient of your texts has a copy, they won't be able to decipher the vast majority of them, and even with another copy for them, it will take them hours to find the relevant squiggles and letters. Don't bother!
on 25 September 2014
As a new comer to texting it is very useful