5.0 out of 5 stars Great to see this book is still being published.., 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Work Your Way Around the World (Paperback)
Really great to see this book is still being published.

I read one of the earlier versions, aged 22, back in 1996. I was very fed up with my life...office temping, still living with my parents.

I picked up this book in a bookshop (in the 'olden days' before the internet!!) and was inspired by peoples stories.
I had always wanted to live in Switzerland, since seeing the childrens' drama 'Heidi' on TV!
I thought 'why don't I just go for it?! Things can't get worse, I've got nothing to lose!'...I quit my work, booked a flight to Zurich.

The book actually was slightly negative about the possibility of finding official work in Switzerland..it was one country in Europe that was very strict with visas etc. But after a great week of staying in hostels, meeting new people & walking miles through the snow in gorgeous Switzerland , knocking on hotel doors, (that week alone was amazing)..I eventually was offered a job as a chambermaid in Grindelwald...and had a brilliant 3 months, earnt very good money, lived in a chalet with the other staff (mostly from Spain)...one of the best times of my life!

After that experience, I knew I didn't want to go back to office work, upon returning to the UK I got a job as an air hostess, so I really thank the book a lot, it really encouraged me to turn my life around.

Read this book & go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Work Your Way Around the World (Paperback)
This book is incredible! It is so useful if you are looking into a gap year and travelling abroad, or working abroad in general, it has loads of helpful tips from people who have been and experienced travelling and working. But it also has great advice on visas and such like. It offers a whole range of ideas from jobs you can do (it even lists the fruit picking seasons in Australia for example) to places to stay and how to get there. Definitely worth money as I don't think you could get a more helpful book anywhere!!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 17 Feb 2012
This review is from: Work Your Way Around the World (Paperback)
Really interesting book which gives idesa and encourages thought re a wide variety of work opporrtunities in different parts of the world. Excellent condition and speedy delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 5 Oct 2012
This review is from: Work Your Way Around the World (Paperback)
Great purchase packed with fantastic jobs and opportunities for the would be traveller. My duaghter loved this birthday gift and has started planning for next year

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 19 Sep 2012
This review is from: Work Your Way Around the World (Paperback)
Excellent book jam packed with tips and advice! Just can't wait to get out there and starting living the dream!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Work Your Way Around the World (Paperback)
Brought for my 17yr old to give him some inspiration-hope it works!!! Will probably be used for this coming Summer!

4.0 out of 5 stars a way of working, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Work Your Way Around the World (Paperback)
my daughter wants to travel i bought this book so she can organise herself and make the experience more enjoyable

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of info and ideas, 15 May 2012
This review is from: Work Your Way Around the World (Paperback)
This was a gift so I didn't read it but had a flick through. Looks like it has lots of ideas about what to do and where to go. If you already know what you want to do, the info on each job is not very detailed but it is a good book for giving you ideas to get started on.

Work Your Way Around the World
Work Your Way Around the World by Susan Griffith (Paperback - 21 Oct 2011)