5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent companion
This is a comprehensive guide for any visitor to Northern Ireland - I got this to browse through on the plane when I went to visit a friend of mine who lives there; it's packed with great stuff - loads of info about the area, where to go, the history, and of course recommendations of some good pubs!
Published on 19 Mar 2010 by Miriam Bridge

I was excited to see a new guidebook to Northern Ireland, but was very disappointed when I actually read it.

Firstly, it is full of inaccuracies (for example, citing Edward Carson as the first prime minister of NI when it was in fact James Craig) and secondly, it is very light on useful detail.

I would suggest another guidebook such as the Rough...
Published on 21 Feb 2010 by Mr. R. J. Mcbride

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent companion, 19 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Best of Britain: Northern Ireland: Accessible, contemporary guides by local authors: Accessible, Contemporary Guides by Local Experts (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tour Guide for Northern Ireland, 7 Jun 2010
I read this book from cover to cover before visiting Northern Ireland and then constantly had it on my lap as we toured around. It's full of interesting and helpful information.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide book, 25 Aug 2009
Mr. Humphrey Wright (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This is the first time I have come across this publisher and I was very impressed with the book in terms of its content and the layout of the information. Altogether well thought out and superb for providing the information that I needed to know in order to plan my trip to Northern Ireland.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide, 30 Aug 2013
This is a very useful book which gave me just the information I needed to plan a trip to Northern Ireland when I knew nothing at all about the place. My only reservation is that I bought the book second-hand and there is no publication date, so I don't know how out of date the information is!

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this guide - light on useful detail and riddled with inaccuracies, 21 Feb 2010

I would suggest another guidebook such as the Rough Guide to Ireland.

Don't waste your money!

1.0 out of 5 stars The author's geography needs to be a little more polished, 2 Aug 2011
The only thing I have to say, which a lot of people will agree with, is when did the island of Britain suddenly encompass part of the separate island of Ireland? The north of Ireland is not Britain (look at that most used document, ie. the UK passport) and to say so is totally misleading as the cultural, political and religious landscape of this part of Ireland are COMPLETELY removed from Britain.
Please update this erroneous title as soon as possible.