5.0 out of 5 stars Handy guidebook
Just back from Devon and found this guidebook really useful - nice up to date information, clearly presented that took us off the tourist highway. If only it could have improved the weather as well!
Published on 14 July 2008 by Londoness

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother.
Published 10 months ago by Patricia Livingston

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy guidebook, 14 July 2008
This review is from: The Best of Britain: Devon: Accessible, contemporary guides by local experts (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable Read into God's County, 23 Jun 2008
B. Passmore "B Passmore" (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
As a 'Devonian' myself, I felt this book illustrates a true and accurate reflection on Devon and it's surrounding areas. The attention to detail was outstanding and a true gem for someone not only wanting to learn about 'Devon', but to unearth the hidden, exiting places most of us dont go to.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Guidebook, 7 May 2011
I had already bought the guidebook for Cornwall in the same series and found it really useful, and this one doesn't disappoint either

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BOOK ON FOR VISITING DEVON, 26 July 2012
This book is great and the best guide book to Devon I have ever had, It tells you of great places to visit what to do once you get there and if the weather is good + what to do and where to go if the weather is bad especially if you have children and places of interest to visit. I cannot praise this book highly enough. The details in it are clear and very easy to undersand and very helpful. Do not go to Devon without it

4.0 out of 5 stars great guide book but would like more maps, 27 Sep 2011
definitely one of the best guide books I have seen. I bought a copy for myself after seeing the one I had ordered as a leaving present for a colleague who was going to work there. I particularly like that it is not just about tourist attractions but also about where to buy local produce and places off the usual tourist trail, as well as the history and people. My colleague likes this too, as he is from overseas and knows nothing about Devon. i have only given it 4 star as i would prefer more maps but then I am a map person.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother., 13 Oct 2013
Patricia Livingston (Merseyside, UK) - See all my reviews
Very disappointed in this. I bought it on the strength of the reviews here but it did not live up to expectations. I know Devon quite well, but I bought this because it supposedly revealed local secrets and gave recommendations by local characters so I thought it would add to my knowledge of the area for a recent trip to North Devon. Sadly, it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. My advice would be don't waste your money. There is little in here that you couldn't get at a local Tourist Office for free when you visit Devon.

4.0 out of 5 stars devon, 27 Jun 2012
Christopher Whittle (Burnley Lancashire UK) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent, informative guide with some lovely photos of the Devonshire coast and countryside. There is one glaring error, however. In the book it claims that Devon is the only county in Britain with two coastlines - North & South Devon. The indisputable FACT is that the neighbouring county of Cornwall, which I have visited many times over many years for many memorable summer holidays, also has two coastlines - North Cornwall & South Cornwall.

This glaring failure aside, this is an excellent publication, and I shall use it when my wife and I visit North Devon next week.

The Best of Britain: Devon: Accessible, contemporary guides by local experts