4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 12 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Inspiring Women: How Real Women Succeed in Business (Paperback)
I must say I enjoyed every single page of this book. It is written in very easy language and gives an opportunity to enter into the world of fabulous hard working businesswomen. I am only giving it 4* because I would have liked to find out a bit more details of their lives and the way they started their businesses.
I am planning to start my own and at the moment I want to find out as much information as I can about people who have once started just as me and are now enjoying shiny results of their very hard work!
I applaude to you all, lovely ladies!

4.0 out of 5 stars Real Inspiration, 23 July 2009
Each of the 25 chapters is only a few pages long, but they are very well chosen words! These women have been brutally honest and candid in their accounts of how they have achieved so much. They all talk about how their journey started, how their business grew, about the pitfalls and mistakes they made along the way. In addition to this, each chapter has 'Advice to other entrepreneurs', and an opportunity for the women to describe their own role models. It is a truly fascinating insight into the people behind the brands.

Nearly every eventuality is covered within this book; those who had a skill and used it, those who took a new path, those who had a good financial start to their business and those who had nothing, women with families, those without and those who gained them along the way. However there are some unifying strands which bind these women, and probably all women in business; it is hard, it can be messy, you can't have it all, there will always been some sort of sacrifice, but mostly it is worth it!

The most striking, and inspirational part for me was the realisation that before their business was so successful they were ordinary women, and many of them mothers. They were like me, but because of passion, belief and drive they have all achieved so much.

It gave me hope that if they could do it, so could I!

4.0 out of 5 stars very inspiring indeed, 17 Jun. 2009
Some of these ladies have some amazing stories to tell and are sources of inspiration and wisdom. After reading this book, I really hoped I could be mentored by one of them for my business life, and a few weeks later I came to an inch of getting one of the ladies as a mentor! Helas, next time.

Inspiring Women: How Real Women Succeed in Business
Inspiring Women: How Real Women Succeed in Business by Michelle Rosenberg (Paperback - 12 Nov. 2007)