5.0 out of 5 stars Faith for Potatoes
This book is such a powerful testimony of faith and will challenge you so much with its profound message. I have been challenged to believe God to do beyond the ordinary in my life and to trust Him completely with my life and obey Him even when His instructions go against human wisdom. From this story I have learnt anew about the amazing nature of the God we serve...
Published on 8 May 2008 by Mrs. Y. A. Larbi

3.0 out of 5 stars Faith Like Potatoes Review
A brother in the Lord gave me a copy of this book, and I have to say, it was a great gift!

Angus Buchan gives in this book a powerful testimony of God's mercy, grace, faithfulness and power.
At first I have to confess the title "Faith Like Potatoes" sort of made me think "what on earth", it just seemed to me to be a silly title.
But after reading the...
Published on 13 Sep 2008 by Homileo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Faith for Potatoes, 8 May 2008
Mrs. Y. A. Larbi "NY" (Hayes, West London) - See all my reviews
God bless Angus Buchan and continue to use him to speak to the masses who are looking for miracles in everyday life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very uplifting read, 15 Jun 2009
Mrs. M. C. Van Huyssteen (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faith Like Potatoes: The Story of a Farmer Who Risked Everything for God (Paperback)
I loved this book because it made me realise that I have been underestimating what God can do through prayer. I would love to visit Shalom one day!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Disciples are Just Ordinary People Who Dare To Trust, 1 May 2009
Nancy Harding (U.K) - See all my reviews
This book is both refreshing and brilliant, I couldn't put it down. It is written in a very down to earth way, as the author explains how he dared to trust in God's leading in his life. It is definately faith in action and I would recommend it without hesitation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Faith Like Potatoes Review, 13 Sep 2008

But after reading the book, that turned into "WHAT ON EARTH" as I read of God's power and faithfulness on display in this mans life and of the constant lessons of Faith that Angus was called to go through.

If you are after a modern day testimony that is pretty amazing, emotional in places and easy to read, as well as one that will challenge you about your own faith in God's promises and of what He can do, then this may be a book for you to read. Time and time again there is a constant challenge to trust God in every situation no matter how good or bad they may be!

5.0 out of 5 stars Faith Like Potatoes, 22 April 2011
First class read for everyone. A storey of real hardship and a broken man who cannot go any further on his own and found God's love which is real.
For everyone & anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 29 Oct 2009
I searched through many Christian books on Amazon's website to find a good book to take on holiday. I was drawn to the intriguing title 'Faith like potatoes' and so I read the details about the book; after reading these, I decided to purchase a copy..... I'm so glad that I did, for when I started reading it I was engrossed. It is an inspirational true story about a man (Angus Buchan) who started out as a farmer and details difficulties that he faced; but more than that, the book highlights how God can use an ordinary man in extraordinary ways and how His power (God's power) can do those things thought difficult or impossible. I found the stories and examples of how God worked in Angus Buchan's life both encouraging and faith building.
I am keen now to see the DVD film version of the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 15 Dec 2009
I watched this with a couple of friends and we just sat in silence when it finished. You hear stories that God can do stuff, and there it is, He really does.
The fact this is a true story is very challenging,amazing and inspiring.
I would recommend it to those who have faith and those who do not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faith Like Potatoes, 28 Oct 2009
Peter Floyd-Spong "Peter F-S" (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
As it says, simple and straightforward as potatoes. Just read and believe, watch the DVD and cry.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book, 27 Jun 2014
A fabulous book well worth reading. An inside into helping homeless children, and also a good reason for becoming a christian.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 31 Jan 2014
You really cannot help but step back in amazement when you realise what God will do if you let Him.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›