on 22 April 2009
Alun Lewis wrote vibrant accessible poetry , it's beautifully lyrical with a real awareness of the world and his and our relationship with it.He questioned all things ,physical and emotional.I thought reading them that I could tell he was a young man and when he married Gweno he was full of excitement and wonder in the face of love.The poems written during WW11 are as intense as you might expect though still fused with wonder in the face of the new and exotic,(he was sent to India then Burma).He was 27 when he died in a pistol accident so we can only imagine what achievments may have followed.A sublime talent indeed.
on 1 May 2013
After picking up the Book from my local Library per chance, i really liked his type of poetry, so after borrowing it several times i decided to buy my own copy..Awise decision as it turned out for me...
on 21 August 2015
A classic example of world war two poetry. Wonderful to see this great Welsh poet back in print. But it is sad that there is not a e-book version.
on 19 August 2015
Interesting well written pieces which deserve attention.
on 22 October 2015