5.0 out of 5 stars DATES OF DESTINY, 18 Dec. 2003
This review is from: 19 Weeks: America, Britain and the Fateful Summer of 1940 (Hardcover)
As a Londoner,in 1940, awaiting my call-up for the R.A.F. for which service I had just volunteered, I found Norman Moss's evocation of those vital weeks between May and September of that year an astonishngly accurate and thrilling evocation of the very essence of that historic time.
Not only that but the fascinating details of what was going on some 30000 miles away, virtually unknown to us then, gives the book an almost cliffhanger intensity.
It will be required reading for anyone wishing to study or understand that period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nineteen Weeks, 6 Sept. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Nineteen Weeks (Hardcover)
At this time, when Britain's relationship with America is so much called into question, it is particularly fascinating to read Norman Moss's riveting book Nineteen Weeks.
Before reading this book, I had no idea how, unlike now, we were desperate for American help. He tells us how this need led to the end of Britain's power and the beginning of American domination, which has now come to a crisis point.
I lived through that time, but much of the story Moss tells of these 19 weeks in 1940 is new and shocking to me, including how near we came to being invaded, and the fact that some people in the Government were willing to make peace with Hitler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versy Interesting insight, 22 Oct. 2014
Enjoyed reading about the American involvement and found out quiet a number of facts unknown to me before.

19 Weeks: America, Britain and the Fateful Summer of 1940
19 Weeks: America, Britain and the Fateful Summer of 1940 by Norman Moss (Hardcover - 2 July 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01