5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, well presented and a good basis to start from
This book is one of the best that i have found so far, i am currently restoring my family home to the original victorian look. The pictures in the book have houses from my neighbour hood that illustrate what i want my house to look like.
Published on 28 Feb 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars not very good
I was dissapointed with this book, It had lots of dialogue but not many pictures, although it did give me a few ideas on colour schemes....but not many. Don't waste your money, go to the library instead .
Published on 16 Mar 2012 by Ms. Lesley Kay

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, well presented and a good basis to start from, 28 Feb 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Victorian Society Book of the Victorian House (Hardcover)
I needed a basis and a guide to help me with the colours, layout and accessories needed to restore the house i recommend this book to any one who needs guidence when restoring a home to the victorian period.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 10 Aug 2008
A lovely book full of loads of ideas for your Victorian House. We have recently bought a terrace needing a lot of work and is proving a wonderful source of tips and ideas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting read, 9 Aug 2010
Interesting and informative book, especially good read for people like myself who have bought a Victorian house and are doing it up. It has lot to offer and makes you rethink all the changes that so many people have done to their properties against the character of the houses.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Victorian Society Book of the Victorian House, 18 Jan 2011
An excellent compendium of victorian architecture, style and techniques. A great source of ideas for renovators of victorian properties and devotees of an age when craftmanship and quality were key principles. Packed with beautiful photographs and very interesting supporting text.

2.0 out of 5 stars fine for historical refrence, 23 Mar 2014
this book was not that useful for me I was hoping to get more ideas about style and design in keeping with the house but up to date - this was a rather dull history textbook, ok if you want to recreate the original but not really practically helpful for me

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly useful, 26 Sep 2013
Very practical coverage of these houses. Nicely written and well finished. Best book of it's type that I could find. I'd also recommend the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings equivalent book.

3.0 out of 5 stars not very good, 16 Mar 2012
Ms. Lesley Kay "leelou" (great britain) - See all my reviews

ARRAY(0xadaceeac)

The Victorian Society Book of the Victorian House
The Victorian Society Book of the Victorian House by Kit Wedd (Hardcover - 26 Sep 2002)
Used & New from: 9.38