on 11 February 2007
I have always been fascinated with the question of what would have happened if the Nazi's had actually gone ahead with 'SEA LION' and having read reams of data and analysis from British authors, I was looking forward to reading the views from an author in the other camp.

Egbert Kieser can be complimented on the detail of the German planning and their extraordinary efforts to meet the tight deadline set by Hitler.

Unfortunately, it seemed to me that the duplication of the invasion itself was an exercise in wishful thinking and I was amazed at his scant coverage given to the threat posed by the huge and powerful Royal navy and the horrendous difficulties posed with regard to re-supply for the German troops ashore in England.

I found this book a good reference for German Planning and endeavour but as an alternative history it stays on the shelve for me.