1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it if you are unsure of North and Hillard, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Writing Greek: An Introduction to Writing in the Language of Classical Athens (Paperback)
Hello,
I am a university student studying Classics, and at my university, we use North and Hillard to learn Ancient Greek grammar. However, I sometimes find that N & H is set out very poorly and it can do better to explain things in a clear and concise way. Anderson and Taylor's book is incredibly simple to use and it is set out so clear that you don't feel like you need to look up other things in other books. There is a huge number of practice sentences to write from English into Greek, and I personally found it extremely useful when I used the answer key to this book for my revision. Yes N & H is a classic Greek prose book, but sometimes it is time for something new to come around, and Anderson and Taylor have done it.

If you have know idea what I mean by North and Hillard and thereby cannot really understand what I mean when I compare this book to it, ,here is what I say to you: if you need to improve on your Greek grammar, I highly commend this book to you because it is clear, concise, and has many exercises for you to do.

Writing Greek: An Introduction to Writing in the Language of Classical Athens