4.0 out of 5 stars Good for its time
I have used this edition in preparing my running vocabulary. I have felt the need to add lots of hints for translation because Tacitus can be very difficult for modern students with less experience than that assumed for this edition. Nevertheless Norma Miller shows real scholarship.
Published on 24 Jan 2012 by Terence Bird

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but...
Published 18 months ago by Andrew Murray

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for its time, 24 Jan 2012
Terence Bird (Ipswich UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tacitus: Annals XV: Bk. 15 (BCP Latin Texts) (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but..., 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Tacitus: Annals XV: Bk. 15 (BCP Latin Texts) (Paperback)
Firstly, Tacitus is excellent! Undoubtedly the best Roman historian and to read his Latin is a challenge like no other! But, this edition perplexed me. Why? When I opened my Amazon package I was met with "Tacitus: Annals I". My first thought was, "They've given me the wrong bloody book!" When I opened it I saw "Book XV" and its text. This would have got the full five if the book jacket wasn't so misleading. A trifle, yes, but as all bibliophiles know a book's condition is everything! Still, for those who haven't tackled Tacitus this is a great edition with good notes, clear text and a strong vocabulary.

Tacitus: Annals XV: Bk. 15 (BCP Latin Texts)
Tacitus: Annals XV: Bk. 15 (BCP Latin Texts) by Tacitus (Paperback - 1994)
12.99