4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the DIY enthusiast
Having embarked upon a major overhaul of my bathroom this book was bought mostly for the plastering side, although now I have it I can see it will help me with my drive, patio and garden wall projects later this summer.
Published on 15 July 2002 by Mark Liversedge

2.0 out of 5 stars Lack of content
I bought this book to help me understand more about plastering when I was doing my kitchen up.

When it arrived I was really disapointed at how light the content was on this part of the subject. (I think it's hard backed to stop it looking like pamphlet)

Published on 4 Jun 2007 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Lack of content, 4 Jun 2007

This book covers much more on masonary (but not alot)and gives many more application examples. So buy it for masonary projects but not for plastering.

I'm sure there must be better books with much more project content that might just give you enough confidence to have a go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the DIY enthusiast, 15 July 2002
Mark Liversedge "markliversedge" (Cranleigh, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Repair and Renovate: Masonry and Plastering (Repair & renovate) (Paperback)
It has clear no-nonsense instructions, with good photographs and littered with little tips. It confirms all the "advice" I have collected from around the net and adds some little gems to make the task easier for the enthusiast.
Clearly not aimed at the professional, this book has given me all the advice I needed. And as a bonus, it is broken down into the kind of projects you are likely to undertake and gives advice on the tools needed.
The only suggestion I would make to improve this book is to include some rough estimates on material quantities and timescales to help plan the job up front.
Recommend to the DIY enthusiast!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dynamite, 18 Jun 2004
If your about to do any plasterwork or simply laying a patio then buy this book, you will not regret it. it is quite simply a life saver

Repair and Renovate: Masonry and Plastering (Repair & renovate)
Repair and Renovate: Masonry and Plastering (Repair & renovate) by Mike Lawrence (Paperback - 6 Mar 2002)
Used & New from: 0.01