5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a Look (in).
Back in the day, Look In was the must have magazine for anyone growing up in Britain in the 1970s and 1980s, and this collection from the era of Adam Ant, Buck Rogers and Robin of Sherwood is a must have. Brilliantly researched and compiled, this should send a wave of fuzzy nostalgia over any thirty and fortsomething. Recommended.
Published on 25 April 2009 by Roger Crow

3.0 out of 5 stars Look-in back over the years
Published on 4 May 2009 by L. Tait

3.0 out of 5 stars Look-in back over the years, 4 May 2009
L. Tait (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Look-in the Best of the Eighties (Hardcover)
When I discovered this purely by chance on the amazon website, I was initially very excited, as I was a huge fan of look-in magazine during the 1980's and bought a copy every wednesday for years, so when I actually received it and had a peek at it, I was disappointed to find that there was nothing from the mid 1980's featured in it, it was mostly material and features from earlier in the decade and not from the later stages, unlike the smash hits yearbook covering the same decade, which covered virtually everything I remembered from that time; I was also a smash hits devotee you see, and it's a real pity that both look-in and smash hits are no longer in circulation, for they were both iconic publications in the 1980's, and now the only way to get any piece of these magazines is via such things as yearbooks. The look-in yearbook sadly did not live up to my expectations at all, and I would only recommend it for those of you who are into retro items from the 1980's, otherwise,don't give it a second look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a Look (in)., 25 April 2009
Roger Crow "dodger9uk" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure nostalgia from cover to cover, 16 Feb 2009
This review is from: Look-in the Best of the Eighties (Hardcover)
I bought this book and "Look-in the Best of the Seventies" as a present for my sister. I had a sneak read through them before wrapping them and found them amusing and nostalgic. My sister was very pleased with them too.
The popular culture of the era is captured very well by these annuals. There are comic-strip versions of various TV programmes of the time and endless articles about the pop stars and celebrities of the day.
Either of them would make a nice gift to someone in their 30s or 40s who hasn't quite grown up yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOOK-IN the best of the Eighties, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Look-in the Best of the Eighties (Hardcover)
This book was worth evey penny and that is all it cost me!!!! Wonderful to read and very well illustrated and a tribute to wonderful Look- in magazine. A pleasure to buy from this seller and would buy again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother Looking In this !!!, 23 Aug 2012
This review is from: Look-in the Best of the Eighties (Hardcover)
I bought this thinking there'd be wall to wall pop stars in it from the 80s, posters and interviews, the majority of it is awful comic strips (I only ever bought it for the pop stuff). Ridiculous that its meant to be stuff from the 80s, when there's no Madonna, no Wham !, no Culture club, no Kylie etc... Thank God my copy was only around 4.00 (inc p + p). I'm just gonna give my copy to Oxfam lol !! The best book to get for 80s Pop is the "Smash Hits" one, that's a brilliant nostalgic read !!!

Look-in the Best of the Eighties
Look-in the Best of the Eighties by Graham Kibble-White (Hardcover - 6 Oct 2008)
Used & New from: 0.01