on 23 January 2015
I first read this as a library book in the late 1990s and I found it hilarious. Now it isn't so funny.
We really do have a very serious problem with fundamentalist Islam, and everybody needs to sink their differences and address it.
The EU is not the problem in this book that it actually is in real life.
Finally, I now recognise a character drawn from life that I didn't back in the Nineties, namely Joesph Ratzinger, Pope Benedict XIV. Incidentally, he is as far as I know the only Pope (with the dishonourable exception of Rodrigo Borgia, Alexander VI) who remains habitually referred to by his name.
on 7 November 2013
one of the best books i have read....its the type of book you cant put down and i even stayed up early hours to finish it off.......a light funny warm book with a good story line....
on 19 December 2013
Good book quite funny in places. Disappointed it is not on kindle . It is the first book I have read for ages and it proves to me that e readers are the way forward.
on 11 November 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Very funny. Never laughed so much at reading a book. Does not run down the Catholic Church in any way at all. It almost would look like the story was referring to Pope Francis which is impossible because Peter De Rosa, who is now dead, wrote this book I think in the 1980s and would not know anything about a Pope Francis.