5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the book, 30 May 2013
This review is from: The People's Pilgrim: John Bunyan Autobiography (Paperback)
I loved this book because it fills a vacuum re John Bunyan's life story and the books John Bunyan has written. I had some questions in my mind re John Bunyan and this book answered my questions. The book also summarizes the Pilgrim Progress story, which is a great help and it inspired me to read Pilgrim Progress (the new translation though).
John Bunyan left a legacy and this book helps to appreciate his life and works even more! Worth a read!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that makes pilgrimage relevant today, 23 May 2014
I loved this book because it gave me a lot to think about. I had read Pilgrim's Progress in the original English. It contains so much common-sense truth about how one should conduct one's life as a Christian. When I read The People's Pilgrim I understood some of the grittiness and courage that existed in John Bunyan, starting with his life as a soldier and then with his persecution because he chose the life of a nonconformist preacher. I was interested to learn of the history of that period in England. Our religious freedom has been hard-won. The reflective sections at the end of the chapters made me think of how to apply principles to my own life. I was once taught that Daniel Defoe was the father of the English novel. This book made me realise that John Bunyan also contributed immensely to the genre. A very, very interesting read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift, 13 July 2013
My friend loves this book as a gift from me so I can't comment further. I'm sure she'll write her own review once read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story and excellently presented book, 15 Jun 2013
This is a beautiful book which is a good follow on from the original. It is a great gift for youth.

5.0 out of 5 stars good fast moving introduction to john bunyan, 13 May 2013
Drwatts (west midlands ,UK) - See all my reviews
Peter Morden writes a stimulating account of the life and writings and impact of John Bunyan whose pilgrims progress is second in numbers published to the Bible as Christian books .He applies Bunyans message to our own lives showing how the Christian life is a battle but also a journey guided by Jesus Christ .

Well illustrated and gives a good introduction to all of John Bunyan's writings for follow up as well as encouraging the reader to visit the Bunyan Meeting and his cottage in Bedford.

a book for the general reader rather than the historian which gives a wider appeal

The People's Pilgrim: John Bunyan Autobiography
The People's Pilgrim: John Bunyan Autobiography by Peter J. Morden (Paperback - 4 Feb 2013)
6.05