5.0 out of 5 stars Tres, tres amusant!!!
Tres, tres amusant!! Almost as side-splittingly hilarious as 'Angus, Thongs And Full-Frontal Snogging'!
The talented Louise Rennison does it again with this fabitty-fab sequal. It's guarenteed to have even the moodiest of teenagers laughing like loons on loon tablets!!!
Published on 20 Jan 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars Completely overrated
This book is ok. I think it is a bit juvenile for the age recommended, and would probably be better for younger readers ( perhaps 8-10 ). It was alright and quite amusing in parts, but dont listen to the other reviews - it is not what you would call a master piece
Published on 10 Jun 2001

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Tres, tres amusant!!!, 20 Jan 2002
By A Customer
I found I could relate to so many of Gorgia's situations and escapades. It's such a compelling book- once I started reading it, I found I couldn't put it down!
I'd recommend it to any teenager with a sense of humour. Georgia, her amusing Fab Gang and the dreamy Sex God will brighten up even the dullest of dull days!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Fabulous Fabulous!, 15 Sep 2001
By A Customer
This book is way too wonderful for it to go by without a second glance. Like the other two books Louise Renninson has wrote this is equally as fabulous! You follow an ordinary girl through the not so ordinary world that is her life. If you don't laugh at this ,the person reading over your shoulder will. Louise is very very very very funny and you will enjoy reading the credits at the front of the book as much as you wil reading the actual book. Georgia is every thing she want's to be or at least if she paused for a while she would realise that she is. You will laugh so hard at her attempts to get the guy of her dreams and if the next book is not at hand you may start to cry. A must do for every growing girl and those nebby parents who want to know why their daughter is laughing so much.(My Mum enjoyed it!)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for teenagers! A Non stop-read, 26 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This is a great book and here is why:This book had my stuck reading for two hours solid. So beware, if you like light reading you could get rolled into reading more than you intended. As a younger person myself i found this really funny. On everything that the book described i could relate too. It is very mildly rude but not too overwhelming just like real life. It shows all teenage problems and it feels like it is a person there talking to you not an author written the book. If you are a teenager you should read this. All three books Angus thongs and full frontall snogging, It's ok i'm wearing really big knickers and knocked out by my nunga nungas get better in every book. And for parents. I can asure you it is safe and there is nothing in there that over 11 years old won't know about. I just hope that Louise Rennison writes more books!

5.0 out of 5 stars This was the best book ever., 18 Oct 2001
By A Customer
All I can say is that I loved this book. I would almost look forward to going to bed at night just so I could read for hours on end. I would laugh out loud in the middle of the night like a loon. I could totally relate to Georgia and all of the troubles she was going through. I told all my friends about this book and they adored it just as much as me. The book made me much happier and had me in side splitting hysterics. I was totally hooked on this book and would reccomend it to anyone who asked (and anyone who didn't).

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and small knickers soaked!, 16 Jan 2002
...I adored the first book and now I have the chance to read the second. I must say I was not disapointed. I, myself am a teenager and know exactly how Georgia feels, apart from the fact my parents didnt try to make me go to kiwi-a-gogo land. In this book she goes out with the sex god (SG) twice and a bloke called Dave the Laugh who she uses as a Red Herring(see the book for details) a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me laugh like a loon on loon tablets!!!, 29 April 2002
By A Customer
Another incredibly funny book by louise rennison. I just couldn't put it down, I have never laughed so much in my life. I drove my family nuts by getting hysterical and then reading it out to them. Defianatly not a book to miss!!

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll Laugh Your Pants/Thongs Off!, 15 Feb 2004
Jenni Doherty (Derry, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Move over Bridget Jones and step aside Adrian Mole, because anyone who’s ever been a teenager will be chortling to these hilarious award-winning diaries of Georgia Nicholson. This gregarious girl’s confessions make some of the most honestly funny reading published for teenagers (and those of us just a ‘tad’ older, well, young enough to remember those angst-ridden years!) Both books, (spanning a single year each), and part of a collection of four, capture the frustrations and flirtations of those torturous teenage years with so much hilarity and at such a fast pace that you’re left breathless by the time you reach the end of the book.
Georgia has all the usual problems – a stubborn spot on her nose, sadistic teachers, an incontinent younger sister and an uncontrollable pet Scottish wildcat (alias Angus). Her parents might be splitting up or shipping them all out to ‘Kiwi-a-gogo land’ (New Zealand) and she still doesn’t know how to kiss properly. She recounts these traumas with a sense of irony and deadpan wit. This muddle-headed, drama teen-queen had me giggling out loud. I could feel myself blush aimlessly and cringing with recognition to similar emotions and events that were, at the time, the only reason for living and breathing – boys and make-up - and stopping at nothing to claim that ‘gorgey’ sex god. Thank God I have acquired a certain dignity and decorum now beyond those early attempts of desperation. In other words, I’ve found that devilish partner-in-crime and am doing the time. Mind you, he wouldn’t notice if I shaved off my eyebrows and took up wearing leg warmers again. (It was the mid-eighties - the years not degrees).
These are delicious dairies full of thrills, spills and hilarious escapades, amply titled with a dazzling set of wicked catchphrases. Further published confessions of Georgia are: ‘Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nungas’ (if only) and ‘Dancing In My Nuddy-Pants’ (never). An introduction to Georgia is like being introduced to a really good and funny friend without the mood swings. Ideal for confident readers aged twelve and over (and older chicks for a trip down memory lane). You’ll laugh your pants/thongs off.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a good book for a laugh, 29 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers!: Further Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (Angus) (Paperback)
"It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers!" aka "On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God" in the US is a great book for a laugh. Being close to the main character's age, i can sympathize with her, as well as laugh at all the funny scrapes she gets herself into. It's a good book for teenage girls fed up with their parents' ignorance of the teenage life.

5.0 out of 5 stars ahahahahahahahahaha!!!, 9 Jun 2001
By A Customer
oh my god! when i read this i was in complete hysterics! i read the first one as soon as it came out - and this one too! i looked a bit odd reading it on the bus, but i looked even weirder when i kept having laughing fits! im just like georgia - big nose, in love with one lad, crazy mates, and annoying teachers! i bet theres load sof us out there...

5.0 out of 5 stars hilariously funny, 27 May 2001
By A Customer
this is such a brilliant book. ive already read it 3 times already. it is sooooooooo funny i almost fell off my chair i was laughing so hard. you follow Georgia Nicholson through her hilarious and dramatic teenage years. whoever you are i garantee you'll love this book. read it!!!! enjoy it!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›