5.0 out of 5 stars Verne's most thrilling novel
This book proves Verne's greatness as a writer of fiction. The science in this science fiction flies largely in the face of modern science, yet the read is no less gripping today than it was in its infancy. The story is pretty simple. Professor Lidenbrock, a neurotically impatient scientist, discovers a cryptic manuscript written by a long-dead explorer; with the help...
Published on 30 Nov 2002 by Daniel Jolley

3.0 out of 5 stars I preferred "Around The World in 80 Days"
Sorry but I found this story a bit too long and too far fetched for my full enjoyment, but that might just be me. I really enjoyed and was entertained by "Around The World In Eighty Days". Without a doubt Jules Verne was ahead of his time in terms of his writing and foresight.
Published 15 months ago by SMPEC

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not like the films, 20 Oct 2014
I'm still reading this and I must say it's nothing like the films made over the years, much more enjoyable I think, lesson I think is read the book before you see the film.

3.0 out of 5 stars Recommend the version for younger readers instead as the language ..., 20 July 2014
This review is from: Journey to the Centre of the Earth (Wordsworth Classics) (Paperback)
Bought to use in primary school. Recommend the version for younger readers instead as the language was slightly too advanced for most children in this version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good book, 2 Nov 1998
By A Customer
This book is reccomended for young adults and here is a review by one. Personally, I found the beginning fairly dull, but the book got really good later on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 10 Feb 1998
By A Customer
One of the best books ever written. If you don't love this book I will personally pay you the price value! (P.S. Check out the Holy Trinity School Web page!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book kept u from putting it down, 24 Sep 2014
would recommend this book to people who enjoys skyfi books and film's as some parts r a bit far fetched but still enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, best book I've ever read!, 16 May 1998
By A Customer
Awesome book I would recommend it to anyone aged 9-99! It really is very well written and has a superb storyline!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's an awesome book, 9 Mar 1999
By A Customer
I've only read 70 pages of the book & I can't stop reading it.I'm grounded becasue I didn't stop reading it at 9:30 like she told me to. I encourage readers from ages 10 & up to read it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 Oct 2014
A fantastic adventure written in a time when the world was a smaller place

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 14 Oct 2014
Swift delivery and met expectation. My boy was very pleased. Thank you!

3.0 out of 5 stars A good adventure, 23 Mar 2000
By A Customer
I enjoyed this beacause it is interesting to read science fiction from the past. Some of it seems more implausable now perhapse than when it was written but it still makes a very good adventure. Being lost miles beneath the surface of the earth when you get cut off from your party and then your torch goes out is still a very frightening concept. Its a scary and exiting storey.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 | Next ›

Journey to the Centre of the Earth (Wordsworth Classics)
Journey to the Centre of the Earth (Wordsworth Classics) by Jules Verne (Paperback - 5 Feb 1996)