5.0 out of 5 stars Listen and enjoy ( and remember Animal Magic!)
I'd always enjoyed being read and later reading myself the Just So Stories. With children of my own I started them on these stories and having a cd of them means we can enjoy them on the move. The joy of hearing Jonnie Morris' super animal voice characterisations just adds to the enjoyment - takes me back to watching Animal Magic - deep joy!
Four year old daughter...
Published on 15 April 2008 by Helen Whall

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I found Tony Robinson's reading of these stories very disappointing.Some of the language used is not everyday speech, and this rendering is much too fast. It is necessary to have time for the words to be absorbed and appreciated and Tony does not allow for this. An old version by David Davies (apparently no longer available ) was much more rich and satisfying.
I have...
Published on 10 Feb 2002 by terri@bos.clara.net

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT STORYTELLER - GREAT STORIES, 27 Mar 2011
Bruce Boogie (Stroud UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
With such a great storyteller - Mr Johnny Morris - you can't go wrong with this.
His interpretations of classic tales are wonderful and very listen-able - being amusing and poiniant.
Children find his style interesting and enjoy the tales.
At the price Amazon have it in for at the moment, this is a can't afford to miss CD - so order one today.

Just So Stories (Selected) (BBC Audio)

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely surprise - Just so Stories (Collector's Library), 26 Mar 2011
as a fan of Rudyard Kipling and never having owned
an edition of The Just so Stories, this was a wonderful
surprise.
The quality, price and delivery from lthe Collector's
Library is excellent. This little volume is a gem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only the CD, 18 Feb 2011
I bought this with a couple of other audio books and mistakenly thought that the CD came with a book for my students to follow it...
It's really good, but I'll buy the book as I wanted it for my English lessons...The problem is that I need to buy more as I'm from Spain... otherwise it would be really expensive to have it delivered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 2 Jan 2011
I had this on tape when I was little and have been looking for it for years! Wonderfully narrated, and works great on my iPod

5.0 out of 5 stars The just so stories,, 13 Feb 2010
A Kid's Review
Bought for an 87 year old lady who is frilled to bits with it Thanks

3.0 out of 5 stars Just So Stories, 17 Oct 2007
D. I. Lousley "shrewsbury children" (Bangkok, Thailand) - See all my reviews
I am a nine year old boy and my teacher got our class to read Just So Stories.
I think it was okay and can be hard to understand. The illustrations were different to other stories. It was funny at some parts and I enjoyed it.
But at some parts there was some dificult to understand the language.
I recommend this book to people who were around at the time it was written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just so stories, 23 Oct 2012
A really fond memory of my childhood and my father reading them to my sister and me. Can now read them to my grandchildren.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and fantastic, 8 Oct 2010
My mum bourght this audio for me while I was off school ill. I thourght they were really enjoyable to listen to although even though I am ten years old I still found some of the words used in the stories quite complicated. I thought the stories were funny and Johnny Morris was really good at all the voices for the characters. I gave this CD five stars because I really enjoyed listening to them but if I struggle with some of the words that have been used then I dont really think any child under the age of nine is going to understand them either, but all the stories are told clearly and to me generally make perfect sense. Really fun to listen to!!

5.0 out of 5 stars the just so stories, 20 Sep 2010
These stories could not be better written or read. Really beautiful. My children love them and it is a sentimental journey for me hearing Jonny Morris too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still enchanting, 7 May 2010
P. Sonnex "natty knitter" (Agia, Greece) - See all my reviews
My grandchildren loved this very much and I am sure they will listen to it many times. They were really into the stories and talked about them all day and told their parents about them when they went home.

ARRAY(0xabc9524c)

Just So Stories (Wordsworth's Children's Classics)
Just So Stories (Wordsworth's Children's Classics) by Rudyard Kipling (Paperback - 1 Jan 1993)
1.89