4.2 out of 5 stars2,263
Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 March 2015
THIS IS A VERY EXCELLENT BOOK I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THIS PRODUCT 10/10 DELIVERY TIME AND GREAT QUALITY
on 25 February 2014
A story that that takes you and makes you feel. A truly great book, and is most definitely worth a read.
on 4 February 2014
Enjoyed the book an easy read and followed it through with ease. A great work of modern writing to enjoy
on 22 November 2013
The point of the book is right at the end. Not the best book I have read but ok. Good to have read it.
on 21 October 2013
Having watched the film I could relate the events - it really brought the story to life. Very good read/
on 2 August 2013
A lot thinner than I had thought, I took this on holiday to read. Fabulous book, definitely a must read!
on 28 October 2012
A book i read again and again . One of the best books ever . It is a story that is credible in any era .
on 22 September 2015
I'd read some short stories, including 'A diamond as big as the Ritz, and found them empty, soullessleaving me really not caring about the characters or what happened to them. I thought to give Fitzgerald another chance and read 'The Great Gatsby', sad to say I found this to leave me in precisely the same position. The 'Roaring Twenties' are not, for me, brought to any kind of life; Gatsby, Daisy, and the narrator et al all seem to exist on the edge of pointlessness (and not in a good way). There is no-one in the short novel that brings out any sympathy, and empathy go whistle for it.

Once again, empty, vaccuous, without soul. Gatsby, the parvenue, with a secret love, based on a very brief time 5 years before, which he has maintained, and the reader is asked to believe that Daisy is similarly enamoured; neither of them having had any contact whatsoever in the interim. Neither the storyline or characters in any way ring true for me.
on 19 February 2015
What an excellent read, this is the 4th time I've read it! Would recommend this book for any age group.
on 5 June 2014
This is a great book. It's everything i expected and more with a small price tag, i would recommend it.