5.0 out of 5 stars A cheap edition of the text - nothing more but great
Published on 23 Nov 2011 by RR Waller

1.0 out of 5 stars Macbeth
This book was not chosen by me, it was set as drama homework. It was a little bit fascinating but I was glad to finish it. So I therefore only have it 1 star, it was handy at the end.
Published 8 months ago by Libby

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A cheap edition of the text - nothing more but great, 23 Nov 2011
RR Waller "ISeneca" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Macbeth (Wordsworth Classics) (Paperback)
Wordsworth Classics do not try to be anything they are not, a feature I have liked about them for years. They contain the text in a basic paperback format and are produced at a very cheap price. For students at Key Stage Three or GCSE, these are excellent texts, allowing them to annotate, underline and highlight in the knowledge that "they are expendable". For play production, they are ideal. Concentrating students on the text is an excellent idea which forces them to think and consider the language and that is the Shakespeare.

There is an edition of this accompanied by a CD and it is the best reasonably-priced study CD I have encountered and much better than many higher priced competitors; not only is the content excellent but the software and programming is solid too, an essential feature of any study CD.

Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars GCSE Help, 15 Feb 2012
Mr. J. M. Kennedy "John Kennedy" (Cannock UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Macbeth (Wordsworth Classics) (Paperback)
As a 50 something re-visiting my GCSE English, the layout and notes in this book have been very helpful and helped me to interpret this play properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars really useful, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Macbeth (Wordsworth Classics) (Paperback)
This is really helpful I used it in preparation for my A2 English lit exam and found it really helpful, would seriously recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Macbeth Wordsworth classics, 14 Dec 2011
David Agg (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Macbeth (Wordsworth Classics) (Paperback)
This was very useful to my son who is studing Macbeth for his GCSE's and enjoyed it very much alongside his teaching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wordsworth Scripts - Macbeth, 23 Feb 2010
A. Potter (Darlington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Macbeth (Wordsworth Classics) (Paperback)
I run an amateur drama group who put on a Shakespeare play every year in our Victorian town park. We work on a shoestring budget and Wordsworth Classic scripts have been a lifeline to us. We usually need at least 20 copies so at this budget price they are very useful. If you want superior paper and print quality you should go for something more expensive but they are clear, accurate and easy to carry around - even in a sword fight!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for light reading but very interesting, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Macbeth (Wordsworth Classics) (Paperback)
How powerful can a prophecy be? When Macbeth receives a prophecy from three witches that he will be King of Scotland he makes it so by murdering King Duncan and taking the throne.

I hadn’t read any Shakespeare since school and the prospect of it seemed a little daunting. I could recall it being hard work and often needing translation to make any sense. Now reading Shakespeare as an adult I can appreciate the mastery Shakespeare has over language. That being said I enjoyed the simplicity of the witches’ rhyming couplets and I could imagine the excitement every time they entered on stage.

I read this book as part of a Buddy Read and so I had a great chance to look into the play in a much deeper way than I would have before. There were so many interesting themes with one of my favourites being ambition and how it drives the characters in the play.

I really enjoyed reading this but I probably still wouldn’t read Shakespeare casually. I would love to do another as a Buddy Read sometime.

4.0 out of 5 stars ALL FINE, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Macbeth (Wordsworth Classics) (Paperback)
Was going to buy the oxford school version of it but this is cheaper and its all the same. Decent version still tells you everything you need to know. For the little price you pay it fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivered on time with a handy guide, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Macbeth (Wordsworth Classics) (Paperback)
Would recommend this to anyone doing MacBeth for their GCSEs, or readers who want a good story. Perfect for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars macbeth, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Macbeth (Wordsworth Classics) (Paperback)
bought this for a English exam well written would recommend this as it is well written not expensive so that was a bonus

5.0 out of 5 stars Macbeth, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Macbeth (Wordsworth Classics) (Paperback)
Classical book to read this book fitted thourgh the letter boxs great on price well worth the money i got this in three days

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Macbeth (Wordsworth Classics)
Macbeth (Wordsworth Classics) by William Shakespeare (Paperback - 1 May 1992)
1.59