5.0 out of 5 stars 'A Load of Old Bristle: Krek Waiter's Peak Bristle', 3 Feb 2009
This review is from: A Load of Old Bristle: Krek Waiter's Peak Bristle (Local Dialect) (Paperback)
After aquiring this book you will be able to get to know the aireal, go to Asdal in your Cortinal with your girlfriend Emmal and her friend Glorial, and buy some Tial Marial. You could even see the Gert Britain and see the fig red! Read it out to your partner with an exaggerated Somerset accent and you will enjoy hours of fun. Trust me...

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 31 Oct 2009
Mr. James E. Morris "JJ" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
if you are living in bristol or just planning to visit this beek is a great read!
Its informative AND funny.
A great gift for xmas!!
JJ

4.0 out of 5 stars Select Humour, 27 Jun 2014
I've read the majority of Derek Robinson's novels, so I'm more than acquainted with his humour! However, this series of Bristol based books won't be for everyone, as the humour is particular to the location and his phrasing (even for an imaginative person), is not easy to decipher!
Unless you're from the West Country, or prepared to think with a West Country accent (and even then), this will be a "hard read" (not that it's not funny).

4.0 out of 5 stars When it comes to dialect, Brizzle is the best, 1 April 2014
Paul Townsend (Bristol, South Gloucestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
People in the city have a penchant for adding Ls to the ends of words and have a delightful Cider With Rosie burr which makes you want a chilled pint on a warm summer's day.

This is a guide to some of the wonderful West Country words and phrases such as.

"I got me bananawls down Asdawl"

5.0 out of 5 stars A load of Old Bristle, 3 Mar 2014
Absolutely loved it. Had me falling about in stitches! A "must" for anyone who lives, works or has ever lived or worked with true Bristolians..

5.0 out of 5 stars A LOAD OF OLD BRISTLE, 20 Jan 2014
I bought this as a used book and was surprised to find what good condition the book was in.
I originate from Bristol and had this book before but it's been mislaid hence another copy.
I can't even get past the first page because I laugh so much until tears fall from my eyes.
I love this book....it's hilarious.....but then its Bristolian!
Very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bristol lovers., 25 Dec 2013
Mr. R. Taylor - See all my reviews
An excellent book,full of humour and wit.As a Bristolion I can now understand what Ime saying! and so can my family...joking apart it was a good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious ..., 10 Dec 2013
Paul (SOUTHAMPTON, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I used to live near Bristol and reading this has brought back so many memories. You read aloud the words and phrases as Derek Robinson has written them ... then wait for the light-bulb moments when you realise what they mean in "Bristle" speak.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bristolian or Somerset?, 13 Sep 2013
As a Bristolian I found myself sound like someone from Somerset. Not the same thing. We all sound like peasants in a Hammer Horror!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gert book my lurve, 18 July 2013
Lord Christopher Isherwood (Thornbury, Nr Bristol, U.K.) - See all my reviews
I've lived not far from Bristol for around forty eight years and still discovering dialect but I think I've mastered it now.
Unless you can emulate the inflections needed fo the phrases it will be difficult to read but I love it.
My first copy was "Krek Waiters Peak Bristle" years ago and cost me thirty three pence brand new, then I got "Son of Bristle" that was long before computers were on sale. Now I know how to say "Snans" and Lornce Wessn", they are two desirable residential areals in Bristle. I don't think real Bristolians like it but Oi lurves it moy babbie... gert lush this un give ee a try.

A Load of Old Bristle: Krek Waiter's Peak Bristle (Local Dialect)
5.95
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available