5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book I've read on this topic
After wading through many books from the Library, I came across this one at a Coffee Morning! The stallholder persuaded me to buy it even though I had nearly finished writing my Family Hisory. Reluctantly I forked out £1 (I'd beaten her down from £2)and took it home. It really focused me and when I read, 'You cannot possibly include everything,' that enabled me to draw...
Published on 17 April 2009 by June Weaver

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much more than what you can find on the web or by common sense
I was hoping to find a guide to structure in a coherent way the information gathered on the family, the book indeed covers the topics individually but does not do much in the way of proposing a "workflow". I am not sure if it makes sense to expect this from a book, but there isn't much innovative advice I got from the text which I haven't found by searching the web or by...
Published on 24 Dec. 2009 by andrea

3.0 out of 5 stars Moderate, 25 Nov. 2013
B. Tannatt Nash (Hereford, UK) - See all my reviews
Contains nothing new. Expected to find some new ideas and locations for accessing genealogical information. Probably OK for someone starting to research their family tree.

4.0 out of 5 stars Writing up your family history, 4 Nov. 2013
Good but again, I would have liked more information on filing and storing information - not just on line but all the bits of paper etc. Perhaps I'm old fashioned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 3 Nov. 2013
This book I would suggest is for the beginner to the more experienced. Many things I knew but there were some interesting snippets that I found useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colour is the vibrancy of life, 29 Dec. 2012
You can tell that all the characters in the book are dead because the pictures are in black and white, and as we all know, colour is the vibrancy of life. If you're tempted to buy the book, don't bother!The only tits are on the cover.
In all seriousness, though, it's a crackingly informative guide, but the ghost family part is a bit of an oversight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 1 July 2014
A really good book and advice to approaching family history presenting in a different way, as a story. Good idea

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 28 Aug. 2011
This is a competent piece of work. While it contains nothing startingly innovative, it does act as an aide memoire when you are preparing to write up your family history.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 27 May 2015
Some interesting information, though now slightly outdated.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best part of this book was, in fact, the middle., 19 Jan. 2012
John Titford wrote an excellent chapter on how to resurrect your ghost family. But did not write a chapter on how to get rid of them again. They're still living in my basement.

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Not very amusing, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Writing and Publishing Your Family History (Genealogy) (Hardcover)
John Titford...... Nothing funny about that.

In review please buy this book. In particular, eat as much

CHEESE AND WINE

as you can.

3.0 out of 5 stars The only tits in this book are on the front cover so don't bother!, 27 Jun. 2013
John Titford wrote an excellent chapter on how to resurrect your ghost family but did not write a chapter about how to get rid of them again! They're still living in my basement!

Writing and Publishing Your Family History (Genealogy)
Writing and Publishing Your Family History (Genealogy) by John Titford (Hardcover - 3 Oct. 1996)
Used & New from: £0.01