5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!! INTERESTING AND ABSORBING., 10 Aug. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Nobody Nowhere: The Remarkable Autobiography of an Autistic Girl (Paperback)
A well written biography which lets you into her life, and understand why she is the way she is. An excellent reference book for anyone who has contact with autistic people, and some insight and understanding on people who act differently for those who havent. Everyone should read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, from somebody who finds reading difficult!!, 8 Jun. 2006
This book for me was inspirational and thought provoking. It allowed me an insight into the mind of a person with Autism and shed light on why particular behaviours maybe displayed. Thus, enabling me to respond more appropriately to a person with autism's needs, rather than the task that needs to be carried out!

I found the book distressing in parts (due to how Donna is being treated by others) however, the strength and dermination of her is remarkable. There were parts in the book that made me laugh e.g. her inability at times to generalize and the reactions of others.

Considering i find reading difficult (due to dyslexia) i was unable to put this book down. My family where impressed as it usually takes months to read a book, but this took a week for me! Overall, this book has increased my understanding about what Autism is and what people with Autism experience externally (interacting with others, behaviours, sensory overload etc) and internally (fear, vulnerability, tranquility etc). I Hope i have done enough to convince you that this book is a must for gaining/enhancing personal understanding of Autism!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing insight into an autistic sufferers life., 17 May 1999
By A Customer
A really interesting book that shows what it is like to be autistic. The fact that Donna was able to write this book gives hope to all sufferers of autism. once i had started reading i couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 8 Jun. 2000
By A Customer
This is a very ineresting book and gives you a very good insight to autism from the inside, not from outside looking in. A must read for anyone working or living with autsim.

5.0 out of 5 stars Normalized, 28 July 2013
I have Asperger's Syndrome and am keen to read other people's experiences. Donna tells it 'as it is', the reality of being different and having to find a way to make yourself understood, at the same time struggling to learn the necessary skills to fit into a largely neuro-typical world. I could identify with many of her situations - not all to the same intensity - non the less, identifying myself in her words was a hugely comforting and normalizing experience.

Yes Donna, we are all fruit salads - I love that expression and will carry it with me in the years to come. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book is excellent because it relates to my disability!, 11 Jun. 1998
By A Customer
I think Donna Williams is one of the world's greatest authors. Although she suffers from pervasive developmental disorder, (autism related), she has shown great courage and will be of great benefit in the future for other people with disabilities.
I suffer, myself, from Asperger's Syndrome (I am 23 years old) and I have benefited from Donna's three autobiographies written.
I am trying hard to find information and correspondence with other autistic people like myself; but the process has not been a walover. I recommend reading of the books, from "Nobody Nowhere"(first) to "Like Color to the Blind" (third) because all three books run in sequence.
I have rated Nobody Nowhere a perfect 10!
Adrian Pooley

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful autobiography, superb, 13 Mar. 2006
By A Customer
This is a truly absorbing autobiography that touches the reader deeply. I could not put it down and was thoroughly addicted to it for three days. Despite Donna William's torturous relationship to her own emotions , she at once relates to the reader, exposing her deep lonliness and isolation - fears that are universal to all of us.
This is a must read for all - especially to those interested in psychology, sociology, anthropology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nobody Nowhere - Searching for Her True Identity, 7 Mar. 2009
I suppose Donna Williams indicated very creatively what it is like to have autism. Actually she felt different and distant from 'the world', and became withdrawn into 'her world', where she played 3 characters - Carol, Willie, and Donna herself. And it must be extremely hard to get into 'the world' because she had to face a whole bunch of social minefields not only at school but also at home, where her evil mother and older brother terribly bullied Donna. So I suppose a nobody nowhere means she had nowhere to be comfortable in 'the world'. I suspect like most autistic/Asperger people she saw everything differently from other people, who often called her eccentric.

After all she was trying to get into 'the world' as she dealt with various kinds of people including autistic ones. I guess it means the starting point of a somebody somewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars An amazing story, 20 Oct. 2009
I really did enjoy reading this book, although if i am honest i found it hard going in places. I kept having to re-read sentences for it to register, the poems unfortunately went over my head. I finished the book and the next day i actually met Donna Williams who was a lovely lady. I had to stop myself hugging her for all the bad things that she had been through, i'm not sure she would have appreciated that! As the mother of an ASD child i'm glad i read the book and i do have her next book,'somebody somewhere' waiting and ready to read.

Nobody Nowhere: The Remarkable Autobiography of an Autistic Girl
Nobody Nowhere: The Remarkable Autobiography of an Autistic Girl by Donna Williams (Paperback - 1 Dec. 1998)