4.0 out of 5 stars A great guide to seeing the best of Sardinia
Bought this guide for our holiday in Sardinia in September 2012. As the title indicates there are plenty of walks of varying distance and difficulty to choose from.
Published on 17 Oct. 2012 by DanGorman

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely useless ....
The walks in the book are centred around one location and are only suitable if you are staying in the same vicinity. Alas, we are not so if you are thinking of buying this book, make sure you check out the walks before buying. For us, a complete waste of money..
Published 16 months ago by aswildon

4.0 out of 5 stars A great guide to seeing the best of Sardinia, 17 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Walking in Sardinia: 50 Walks in Sardinia's Mountains (International Walking) (Cicerone Guides) (Paperback)
We were based just north of Orosei on the east coast and followed the routes for Mt Corrasi, Tiscali, Gola Su Gorrupo, Punto La Marmora and Cala Goloritze. Using the guide and pre-loaded maps on my mobile phone/GPS we managed to complete all we set out do without any serious problems route finding.
Having previous used Charles Davis' guides for walking in Mallorca I can only use this as a comparison (this might be a bit unfair are they're for different countries). Charles' guides use distance and minutes between waypoints as well as natural reference points where possible to describe the route. These measurement give extra reassurance when you're not sure if you're on the right path. Paddy's guides seemed to contain less detail and due to a lack of natural reference points on some walks the directions felt vague and confusing. The maps weren't detailed to use as sole reference but this seems to be a universal issue with all Sardinian maps.
Alot of the walks we did were to attractions and essential tourist destinations so this guide helped us get the most of our trip. I'd recommend this book and the walking in Sardinia was amazing. Whether it's a walk to a breathtaking beach or to the top of the highest mountains this book has a walk for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very welcome guide, 7 Mar. 2012
I was delighted to see this guide appear just as I was planning a trip to Sardinia. We planned last year's travel around Sicily using a Cicerone guide and the walks we took we the highlights of the trip. I think this one will be equally useful.
I particularly appreciate the fact that the author includes details about public transport and that so many of the walks can in fact be accessed without a car, despite the remoteness of the terrain. As he points out it does take careful planning and public transport in Sardinia can be tricky, but the fact that he himself used buses to get around when he was researching the book gives me confidence that we can also.
Thanks to this book, I have been able to construct an itinerary that will enable us to do at least five of the walks when we go there next September and I am immensely grateful for the help it has given me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely useless ...., 15 Jan. 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite a journey to the walk, 29 Nov. 2013
Almost all the walks are in the middle eastern area of Sardinia and are mainly serious treks. Good if you want to go on a walking holiday but probably unsuitable for a casual stroll while on holiday.

3.0 out of 5 stars Guide, 23 April 2014
A lot of the Sardinian routes often have little by way of waymarks. This is not quite as good as the Rother guide, but I found that it helped, to use both in conjunction. A more definitive guide would be useful, incorporating elements from both books.