5.0 out of 5 stars My best guide for Pyrenees
Published on 27 April 2003 by Flįvio Mota

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor maps, disjointed guide
I received this guidebook with high expectations. However, it is next to useless.

The book contains descriptions of many walks, but no maps actually showing the routes. I find that incredible for a walking book. All you get is a general map of the various areas, with just numbers showing the area of each walk - no actual line showing the walk at all...
Published on 30 May 2012 by Jeremy Alan Kenyon

5.0 out of 5 stars My best guide for Pyrenees, 27 April 2003
Flįvio Mota (Gondomar, Portugal) - See all my reviews
I spent many of my holydays walking in the Pyrenees and I bought some very good french guidebooks. Thanks to them I already witnessed the astonishing beauty of different zones of those french (and spanish) mountains. I bought this Kev Reynolds guide for Pyrenees at the moment Amazon started to sell it and, like any other guide from this incredible author, I found it perfect. I wish I could meet him in a trek! Last summer, once again, I went there to hike some recomended routes and I can only tell you that you just need to find some time to read it and choose your treks; everything else is very well explained and detailed. It has a waterproof cover and it's perfect to put in the pocket... and there isn't any other guide with so many different route suggestions for Pyrenees (170!). Buy the suggested maps and, from 3 hours to multy-day routes, from west to east Pyrenees, from easy to really tough, there are sugestions for everybody's holydays. Thank you, Kev Reynolds!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with book, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Walks and Climbs in the Pyrenees (Cicerone Guides) (Vinyl Bound)
Very pleased with book which provide a good range of walking and climbs in the Pyrenees. The Cicerone guides never let you down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book with great walks, 11 Nov 2013
Great book with some easy to follow and great walks in it. very pleased and prompt service. Would recommend - better than similar books ordered.

4.0 out of 5 stars climbs?, 19 Sep 2011
this is a very good guide for walks and to get a general idea of the pyrenees. However, I would not buy it, if you are looking for climbs in the area. It only hints at areas for climbing, but does not give any route plans, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 20 Aug 2007
H. Jiang - See all my reviews
my husband and I are going to Pyreness in 2 weeks time. the book help us to plan the route and the accommodation. It's a very useful book if you plan to do GR10 or GR11.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well thumbed and still my guide of choice., 26 Feb 2010
Sean R. Beesley (Rangoon, Burma) - See all my reviews
Over the years I have spent a total of eight weeks walking trails in the Pyrenees and the Kev Reynolds was packed on every trip, referred to on every hike and recommended to other hikers. Consistently reliable, enjoyable to thumb through and just plain useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good trekking book, 14 May 2001
By A Customer
I have used the book in September 2000 when I trekked a week in the High Routh Pyrenees (HRP) from Refuge the Pobmbie to Govarnie. The book give very good and accurate information on the route.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor maps, disjointed guide, 30 May 2012
Jeremy Alan Kenyon "Jez" (Sheffield) - See all my reviews

Then the walks themselves - clearly some are intended to join up with other walks, but there is nothing indicating how this happens, so you have to read all the detail, work out where the walks go, and finally see which ones join up.

All in all, thoroughly disappointing. We just wanted some walks to do for a couple of days we are spending in the Pyrenees.

I am now going to find another walking book of the area, and hopefully find one which does include decent maps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Walks and Climbs in the Pyrenees (Cicerone Guide), 27 Aug 2009
Very good guide. Highly recommended for all Pyrenees enthusiasts. The only item the book is missing is map covering walks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walks & Climbs Pyrenees, 9 July 2009
I purchased this for my husband who will be doing a Pyrenees walk in Sept.
Thanks to this book he knows which route he wants and where to stay.

Walks and Climbs in the Pyrenees (Cicerone Guides)
Walks and Climbs in the Pyrenees (Cicerone Guides) by Kev Reynolds (Vinyl Bound - 29 Feb 2008)