5.0 out of 5 stars First-class Travel Guide
This is worth every penny of its price.

Clearly written, with lots of interesting comments, and a wealth of information.

The maps are litle more than sketches, but then they don't pretend to be anything else. The author recommends various maps that you should use in conjunction with the book.

It was a delight to read, even sitting at...
Published on 7 April 2011 by Dr. D. Brand

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor and too basic
Published on 7 Sep 2010 by Rafael

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Cycling the River Loire: The Way of St. Martin (Cicerone Cycling) (Paperback)
Contains lots of detail, it should be easy to follow, it gives adequate warnings on hilly sections but it is getting a bit old now ( 2003 vintage)

5.0 out of 5 stars First-class Travel Guide, 7 April 2011
Dr. D. Brand (UK) - See all my reviews
This is worth every penny of its price.

It was a delight to read, even sitting at home. I'm sure that it will be a very useful guide once we reach the Loire!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor and too basic, 7 Sep 2010
I knew this book was not 100% what I needed in advance since I could check its content on Amazon, but it was so difficult to find english (or other languages appart from french) books on this cycle route that I had no choice left. Even so, it really was not worth it. The stages are very poorly described, scarce mentions of places to visit outside main towns, just a bunch of lodging places mentioned on a route that has many (till Nantes, that is)... But what is worse is the fact that the maps provided are completely useless. All in all, once in Orleans I bought a french guide and although my french is not up to the test, the maps on that one really helped saving our trip.
The best I can say about this guide is that it is not heavy, so I didn't have to suffer carrying it around for no use at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cycling in Spain, 23 May 2010
We followed Route 6 from Madrid to Bilbao. The ride was amazing, The roads had very little traffic and the off road tracks were a revelation. We used touring bikes and would recommend road tyres for mountain bikers. Finding accommodation was a challenge. We forked off to Santander just before Bilbao as we were taking the ferry back to the UK. We took camping gear though there were few camp sites and we would do so again.

Cycling the River Loire: The Way of St. Martin (Cicerone Cycling)
Cycling the River Loire: The Way of St. Martin (Cicerone Cycling) by John Higginson (Paperback - 1 July 2003)