I've done over 30 of the 40 of the walks in this book, several more than once, and have mostly enjoyed them all. My book is in a very sorry weather-beaten state now ! The walks range from 3-8 miles and are well chosen and distributed around Kent (though the majority in the mid and west of the county) so you can take your pick depending on your mood, location, price of petrol (!) and of course the weather. The book is pocket size too which is useful.

I have got lost on more than one occassion due to slightly vague instructions and the hand drawn maps can lack detail, but mostly the directions are good enough. I take an OS map and compass with me on most of the walks, but don't use either very often. Later versions of this book have the OS map printed (very useful!) rather than Kev's hand drawn efforts!

I have several different walk books (my other favourites being the "Adventurous Walks in..." series by Raymond Hugh/Morning Mist) and this is definitely one of the best and has given me and my various friends/girlfriends several (cheap) great days out. I can also recommend Kent: Walks (Pathfinder Guide) which I've reviewed also.
review image review image