5.0 out of 5 stars Yorkshire's real heritage pub: David Gamston - Invaluable guide to an important part of Yorkshire's heritage, 23 Jan 2012
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
As lovers of good beer and interesting architecture/interiors, this has proven to be an invaluable guide for my Girlfriend and I. Sensibly organised it provides a ready reference to some great pubs across Yorkshire. It's not exhaustive, there are a few watering holes in York missing that might have been in there, but for places you are not familiar with it is an invaluable guide, directing you to some amazing places. I live in Hull, and apart from a couple of places in the old town had no idea there were any interesting pubs in the city. This book has opened up a whole range of places for me to visit locally that I had no idea existed! With clear maps of locations, and excellent descriptions of the key features this has really improved my appreciation of places in my home town and allowed us to find interesting pubs in places we are unfamiliar with. Excellent.

EDIT 01/02/2012 - A new pub has recently opened in York which is worth a mention in this guide - the York Tap, situated on York rail station. A fine Victorian interior (although the bar itself is modern, but done very sympathetically) and one of the best ranges of real ales to be found anywhere in York. Well worth a look!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yorkshire Real Heritage Pubs, 18 Mar 2011
Very good informative Pub book with plenty of information making for a number of
interesting places to visit and capture the past era in a working time capsule.

Yorkshire's Real Heritage Pubs
Yorkshire's Real Heritage Pubs by Dave Gamston (Paperback - 12 Aug 2014)
4.99