5.0 out of 5 stars Beer Lovers Bible
As ever top quality information about our local pubs countrywide. I travel a lot & so this book lives with me so I can always get myself a pint or 2 (maybe more) of excellent real ale.

The local brewery section is very useful as I think it is essential for us to champion our small brewers..
Published 21 months ago by Neil_Brock

2.0 out of 5 stars Good beer guide
I have been buying the good beer guide for many years as a book . I was disappointed with the e book layout and the way pages were viewed
More work needs to be done for this to be a usefull alternative at present i would not recomend it & will now return to the paper version for the nexti
Issue
Published 18 months ago by David4

5.0 out of 5 stars Beer Lovers Bible, 18 Oct 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars The Alternative Bible, 24 Oct 2012
This review is from: CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013 (Paperback)
Well presented information on pubs serving decent beers, easily accessible via counties and supported by maps closely associated to the text.
Rarely has it let me down over the years I have been buying it.

Always take it with me when I travel out of my home area.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pub guide for ale lovers., 3 Nov 2012
Mr. P. M. Plumridge (Far North UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013 (Paperback)
Probably the best beer guide in the world. Not just another pub guide as this one also covers breweries and their beers. But only real ales as it is a CAMRA guide. The pubs section covers city and country pubs from Shetland to the Isles of Scilly.......and from east to west. Can promise you that you will not like all the pubs but the guide is full of hints like "live music" which kind of shows it will not be a quiet pub. Can also promise that you will find a pub selling good real ale not too far from home.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good beer guide, 13 Jan 2013
Issue

5.0 out of 5 stars Best possible price, 3 Oct 2012
This review is from: CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013 (Paperback)
As a CAMRA member of over thity years it really annoys me that I can buy this via a third party for less than CAMRA will flog it to me- it's a CAMRA publication after all (was the same last year - wake up CAMRA).
Anyway, an essential purchase for anyone looking for GOOD BEER. This is NOT a guide to good food, luvverly ambience, attractive thatch or any other nonsense. An honest description is given ie; parking, bus routes, garden, noisy/quiet, food (Grrr)and an OS grid ref for out-in-the-sticks boozers. This is compiled by CAMRA members for no reward, no vested interests or industry back-handers.

5.0 out of 5 stars good beer guide, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013 (Paperback)
the latest edition,the 40th. is up to usual standard. i have bought most of them over the years. it is very good at helping find suitable pubs when travelling,and the desciptions i find very accurate

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Mar 2013
The Good Beer Guide is the beer drinkers bible. As a CAMRA member I have been buying the Good Beer Guide for many years, this year I thought I would try the e-book version. It is very disappointing as it is not easy to just brows through it like a real book. Also the maps for the regions are too small and you cannot enlarge them as you can with the text. Also being a CAMRA member I could have purchased the paper version for about two thirds of the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Beer Guide 2013, 20 Jan 2013
A. Fairhurst (UK) - See all my reviews
For lovers of real ale, in its Kindle version on iPhone this is an excellent way of finding good beer wherever you are in the UK. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Treasure Island was better than I thought it would be. I have been purchasing CAMRA GBG for a lot of years but the Kindle, 13 Jan 2013
version is so much easier to carry around although I have yet to come to terms with finding the pages / sections I require quickly

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013 (Paperback)
In my opinion this is the Best of the Beer Guides / Pub Guides that are produced on an annual basis

CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013
CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013 by Roger Protz (Paperback - 13 Sep 2012)
11.19