5.0 out of 5 stars Beer Lovers Bible
As ever top quality information about our local pubs countrywide. I travel a lot & so this book lives with me so I can always get myself a pint or 2 (maybe more) of excellent real ale.

The local brewery section is very useful as I think it is essential for us to champion our small brewers..
Published on 18 Oct. 2012 by Neil_Brock

2.0 out of 5 stars Good beer guide
I have been buying the good beer guide for many years as a book . I was disappointed with the e book layout and the way pages were viewed
More work needs to be done for this to be a usefull alternative at present i would not recomend it & will now return to the paper version for the nexti
Issue
Published on 13 Jan. 2013 by David4

5.0 out of 5 stars Beer Lovers Bible, 18 Oct. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pub guide for ale lovers., 3 Nov. 2012
Mr. P. M. Plumridge (Far North UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013 (Paperback)
Probably the best beer guide in the world. Not just another pub guide as this one also covers breweries and their beers. But only real ales as it is a CAMRA guide. The pubs section covers city and country pubs from Shetland to the Isles of Scilly.......and from east to west. Can promise you that you will not like all the pubs but the guide is full of hints like "live music" which kind of shows it will not be a quiet pub. Can also promise that you will find a pub selling good real ale not too far from home.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Alternative Bible, 24 Oct. 2012
This review is from: CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013 (Paperback)
Well presented information on pubs serving decent beers, easily accessible via counties and supported by maps closely associated to the text.
Rarely has it let me down over the years I have been buying it.

Always take it with me when I travel out of my home area.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good beer guide, 13 Jan. 2013
Issue

5.0 out of 5 stars Best possible price, 3 Oct. 2012
This review is from: CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013 (Paperback)
As a CAMRA member of over thity years it really annoys me that I can buy this via a third party for less than CAMRA will flog it to me- it's a CAMRA publication after all (was the same last year - wake up CAMRA).
Anyway, an essential purchase for anyone looking for GOOD BEER. This is NOT a guide to good food, luvverly ambience, attractive thatch or any other nonsense. An honest description is given ie; parking, bus routes, garden, noisy/quiet, food (Grrr)and an OS grid ref for out-in-the-sticks boozers. This is compiled by CAMRA members for no reward, no vested interests or industry back-handers.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best guide on the market, 22 July 2013
Fishcake Kev "fishcake" (North Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013 (Paperback)
I recently planned a trip to Hertfordshire, but not knowing the area - and being a fan of real ale - I wanted a pub/beer guide that was reliable and trustworthy. Having checked out a few of the market leaders - ie AA Good Pub Guide etc - I opted for the Camera Good Beer Guide. This was for a number of reason, the most important being the fact that this is the ONLY truly independent guide on the market. The pubs, beers, ales and ciders mentioned are all in the guide not because they have paid (as now the case with the AA Guide) but because they have all been checked out by independent personal.

Many of the checkers are members of Camera, and do the checking of various pubs on a voluntary basis (it is a tough job, but I guess someone has to do it!!!), and all pubs are subjected to a very - and I mean VERY! - stringent series of tests, and if just one is failed then that pub either does not get in, or if in can be removed. This means that any pub recommended meets the highest standards, and the beer/ale/cider served the best money can buy. The food, where served, is also subjected to the same critical standards so is guaranteed to be good quality nosh!

The details are superb, the layout easy to follow - county, town, pub all in alphabetical order, and the write-ups clear and concise. This is, to my why of thinking, the best guide there is and I would recommend it to any discerning beer drinker out there without hesitation!

If you are looking for a guide to good beer and a decent pub to drink it in

5.0 out of 5 stars good beer guide, 9 Oct. 2012
This review is from: CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013 (Paperback)
the latest edition,the 40th. is up to usual standard. i have bought most of them over the years. it is very good at helping find suitable pubs when travelling,and the desciptions i find very accurate

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive Guide to real ale, 20 Dec. 2012
IAN WARD (Paisley, Renfrewshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013 (Paperback)
If you are a keen real ale drinker and want to know more about the various ales on sale in many of our pubs, this is the book you need. It gives you a good description on the types of different tastes that the hops, malts and barley contribute to the various ales. In the main section of the book, there is a guide to the brewers ales and what to expect in the way of taste, smell and aftertaste.

Although most of the time, you will visit the same pub for your usual pint or three, there is a pub guide for those who may be away from their usual 'haunt', which may come in very useful for those on holiday elsewhere in the UK.

However, there is one downside to this book, which will give you an idea of the extent of the guide as a whole. The book is heavy, weighing in at around 992 grams; almost a kilogram, so not the sort of guide you can carry with you in your pocket (unless it's the wife's coat pocket you keep it in).

Any serious ale drinker should not be without a copy of this excellent book, but for the visit to your own local, perhaps you might also want to buy a smaller pocket-sized book to look up the ales that you are not familiar with.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Mar. 2013
The Good Beer Guide is the beer drinkers bible. As a CAMRA member I have been buying the Good Beer Guide for many years, this year I thought I would try the e-book version. It is very disappointing as it is not easy to just brows through it like a real book. Also the maps for the regions are too small and you cannot enlarge them as you can with the text. Also being a CAMRA member I could have purchased the paper version for about two thirds of the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Beer Guide 2013, 20 Jan. 2013
A. Fairhurst (UK) - See all my reviews
For lovers of real ale, in its Kindle version on iPhone this is an excellent way of finding good beer wherever you are in the UK. Recommended.

CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013
CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013 by Roger Protz (Paperback - 13 Sept. 2012)