5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong
This guide is great for sourcing out the gems in city, town and countryside alike, that I wouldn't know where there otherwise.

The Good Pub Guide is okay - but this wins out for me as I'm interested in sampling local produce (i.e beer) in beautiful pubs. This guide focuses on great beer before it considers the pubs - so I know my taste buds are in for a treat...
Published on 12 Oct 2010 by Beery Deery

3.0 out of 5 stars Well its the only guide
I live in Rutland and yet again my County pubs are linked with Leicestershire, not that we don't like Leics but we are independent, don't see Cornwall linked with Devon to make a SW entry. Apart from that the book is its usual usefull self and is the only reliable guide available.
Published on 12 Nov 2010 by Jolly Jon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good beer guide, 4 Feb 2011
This review is from: Good Beer Guide 2011 (Paperback)
Bought as a present for a nephew - already have my own copy.

Good when visiting somewhere new as often helps to find pubs that have good beer and are a bit idiosyncratic.

Even better value if you can get it along with CAMRA membership at a CAMRA beer festival

5.0 out of 5 stars CAMRA Good Beer Guide, 26 Jan 2011
J. Smallcombe (Cambridgeshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Beer Guide 2011 (Paperback)
I am a member of CAMRA and have been purchasing this guide on and off for years. If you like Real Ale this is the definative guide and provides all the information you could possibly want to find real ale wherever you happen to be in the country. I can say little else about the guide but I would say the price I got it for from Amazon was the cheapest I could find it. The price was even substantially cheaper than I could get it directly from CAMRA even taking into account the member discount I could get. I will certainly be buying future copies from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars beer guide 2011, 5 Jan 2011
S. D. Thatcher (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Beer Guide 2011 (Paperback)
this will be well used i would like to thank santa for my gift sorry the wife-
gift came on time and well pakaged

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Beer, Good Guide, 1 Jan 2011
Mr. B. Quinnell "barryquinnell" (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Beer Guide 2011 (Paperback)
Another year, another pint. The Good Beer Guide is an essential travel item listing and reviewing all the pubs that sell great real ale.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as ever., 31 Dec 2010
This review is from: Good Beer Guide 2011 (Paperback)
Great detail and information as always.This book is a must if you go on a trip/holiday and are unsure of where you can get a good pint, and perhaps a meal to go with it.Further details are also of great benefit ie opening times,post code (sat nav),meals available,etc etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book at the right price, 5 Dec 2010
Mr. A. J. Goodier (St. Albans, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Beer Guide 2011 (Paperback)
This book often leads to good sometimes great beer so it does what is says on the cover and much more. The brewery sections are useful when visiting the larger beer festivals.

I live in the City that is the home of CAMRA and we have several excellent pubs so I find this book invaluable when visiting other towns and cities. A recent stay in Bath was made more memorable by trying some of the recommended pubs away from the busy City centre.

The Amazon price makes it exceptionally good value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Oct 2014
Nice book

3.0 out of 5 stars Well its the only guide, 12 Nov 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars You're better off with the Good PUB Guide, 1 Oct 2010
This review is from: Good Beer Guide 2011 (Paperback)
A large book - not handy for carting about on an ale mission. It seems that local CamRA members are restricted in the number of nominations but why do they seem to have a downer on Young's? Hardly any mentioned in my neck of the woods (near Wandsworth where the brewery was)- and there are some weird anomalies. Wetherspoons outlets too. I think you would be better off investing in a copy of The Good Pub Guide. I suppose it's OK if you're planning a visit to an unfamiliar area and you don't know any locals.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Insular, 7 Oct 2010
This review is from: Good Beer Guide 2011 (Paperback)
The problem with the reviewers is they dont travel very well. If they live on the West of their area they favour that area and wont travel East, if they do its very very selective. Shame really because it ends up as being very biased.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Good Beer Guide 2011
Good Beer Guide 2011 by Roger Protz (Paperback - 16 Sep 2010)