on 30 August 1999
This book was my first introduction to Qabalah - and what an introduction! When I picked the book up in the shop and flicked through it, it looked fascinating so I bought it, thinking it would be one of those "coffee table" books that I could dip into from time to time.
At the time, I hadn't intended studying the Qabalah - I'd merely heard of it, and thought it would be interesting to have a book about it. The book is designed as a practical workbook, and so has a number of exercises in it.
I decided to try the first exercise - it opened up so much within me, that I spent the next few months working through the book, reading it carefully and doing all the exercises.
The book is based around the "Tree of Life" - a roadmap of our consciousness, consisting of ten "sephirot" or spheres, and the book takes the reader on a journey through these ten sephirot. Just reading the book will give you an overview of these sephirot - but doing the exercises gives you the opportunity to actually EXPERIENCE them.
The Qabalah has its roots in Jewish mysticism and is a fundamental aspect of Judaism - however, it has many different faces and this book approaches Qabalah very much from a therapeutic point of view and not a rigid religious one.
The branches of Qabalah spread far and wide - this book sparked my interest not just in Qabalah, but in tarot, astrology, Hebrew and numerous other areas too.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again