‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful collection for kids of all ages, 4 Feb 2009
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my children but I've read it more than they have! It brought me right back to my own childhood. I was surprised at how many of the poems I remembered verbatim.

Onto the review! This a beautifully presented and illustrated collection of Milligan's finest silly verse and is a must-see. I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Adults will enjoy reading the poems and stories to younger children, older children will have fun on their own... and I bet a lot of adults will be sneaking a peek from time to time.

Milligan's finest work, I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars milligan does it again ---- in verse, 13 Oct 2001
By A Customer
Yet again another example fo Spike's excellent works, this time in verse.
Spike Milligan has created laughter for the whole of his life and this is no exception.
No matter what your age, this is the book to raise your spirits in the long winter nights, or to keep you happily amused while lying on that beach.
Definitely one for the library

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for children especially parents, 13 Jan 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: A Children's Treasury of Milligan : Classic Stories and Poems (Hardcover)
I love the poems and stories whether I'm reading out load or just entertaining myself. As for my daughter she definately loves the drawings and ROARS at the lions and MOOS with the cows but she is still working on the Pygmy Hippo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent, 9 May 2003
Steph (Lincolnshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I work with a class of 6 and 7 year olds, and after reading a selection of these poems to them, I know it was money well spend. I can't think of a better collection of poems to help children hear, understand and appreciate humour within poetry. The nonsense rhymes have provided hours of amusement to the children (and myself), and frequent requests to re-read their favourite, currently "I've just been attacked by wild bananas"! I much valued book from my collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Gifts for children, 10 Feb 2003
R. Morrell - See all my reviews
This is a wonderful book offering something for everyone. The imagary and the language is unique, funny, and touching. It comes from a mind that has seen the very worst that mankind offers and seeks, through poetry to shield these things from children in a world of amusement and thought provoking messages.
I met Spike once, and made him laugh - very proud of that - although he must have been very proud to think that children and adults all over the world will continue to laugh at is writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful foundation of poetry for all ages, 15 Mar 2001
By A Customer
Well what can I say, it is exactly what it says on the cover, silly and yet fun. This however one feels is more than a book of his literary wit, but of his great life as well. It is poems for people of all ages, not just for kids, and so it must be enjoyed. I myself for example find it sheer joy just to sit back and read some lines from this books, for example the"Ying tong idle I po is one of my favourites which I often find myself reciting, If you buy this you will lagh from cover to cover!

5.0 out of 5 stars as brilliant as ever it was!, 1 July 2009
You can't criticise this volume in any way - Milligan still appeals to all ages and this, with it's original Milligan illustrations, is as popular with my 7 year old as it was with me when I was a child - furthermore, the fact I am no longer a child in now way diminishes the pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peerless, 1 May 2009
M. Hall (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 6 year old daughter as a treat and she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed it at her age and again now. All the favourites are in there, well presented, with original Milligan drawings to compliment the poems and stories. A great present that has inspired my daugther and me all over again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enlarging my Milligan library, 1 Mar 2009
I was very pleased to be able to acquire this book - a classic from my childrens' generation and part of a growing library of wonderful books which appeal to children which I wish to have available for my grandchildren.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gift, 2 April 2014
Bought this for my Godson's 3rd birthday, and he loves it. On the Ning Nang Nong is my favourite, and he's also a fan. Lovely illustrations.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

A Children's Treasury of Milligan : Classic Stories and Poems
A Children's Treasury of Milligan : Classic Stories and Poems by Spike Milligan (Hardcover - 4 Sep 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01