on 29 September 2012
Roy Fisher is an experimental poet who celebrates the over-sized urban landscape of Birmingham and the life that managed to thrive there, over many years of the city's continual re-making of itself. Although some of his poems are difficult to follow, many are immediate and vivid; he is also very funny at times. He is a genuine original.

With Ted Hughes, Peter Porter, Chales Tomlinson and Geoffrey Hill, he is arguably one of the best British poets to have emerged after the Movement (well, I know Porter was also Australian, but he was at the centre of the postwar London poetry scene from 1960 to his death in 2010).

This is an essential volume for anyone interested in contemporary poetry. The new Bloodaxe edition has a better frontcover and incorporates his latest volume, 'Standard Midland'.
on 24 January 2011
I ordered this on Dec 8, as a present for my elderly mother who was taught by Roy Fisher and is a great fan.
After one email saying it was not going to arrive in time for Christmas, I have heard nothing. I can't find any way to contact the seller.
2222 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse